Thursday, April 22, 2021

Is it Saturday yet? (for the fourth day in a row). I need a break - this is getting stupid..

Of course, it seems as if I say the same thing 
every day, don't I? It certainly feels like it.. 
 

I can not get far enough away from the stupidity 
that surrounds me sometimes... 
...  


In 1992, a shipping container accident commenced the biggest rubber ducky bathtub party ever. The containers contained a LOT of rubber ducks. They’ve been drifting all over the world ever since, and have been given the name “Friendly Floatees.”
They’ve been found on the shores of Hawaii, Alaska, South America, Australia, the Pacific Northwest, and even the Arctic. Around 200 duckies are still circulating in the currents of the North Pacific Gyre and actually provide scientists with new information about the Great Pacific Ocean Garbage Patch.
...  

...  

...  


It is fascinating (and frightening also) how social media has skewed the ways that society interacts. The shit that people 'post' on Twitter and Fakebook and the like is scary. If DJT had just stayed off of that fucking Twitshit, he'd still be President.
... 


I just ran across this online and I came to realize that there will not be another one in my lifetime. I have friends that live up in Asheville - I could have gone up there to view it but I didn't. That was stupid of me.
... 

... 

Woman  in Park Slope, Brooklyn runs up to her 'ex-girlfriend' and executes her in broad daylight with a bullet to the head. 


Somebody fucked with the wrong somebody I guess. The two women had previously been in a relationship but it was not immediately clear why the two broke up. Thomas - a mother of two adult children - was rushed to the New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, but she died from her injuries. Just hours later, Bell turned herself in to cops at the 78th Precinct with her lawyer present. She has been charged with murder and criminal possession of a weapon. 
... 

... 

... 

... 

After 50+ years of blade shaving, I finally bought 
an electric razor. I got this one.


Click on the picture or the link for info about it.
...


This 50-foot tall statue of a Native American woman in 
South Dakota titled “Dignity.” Looks pretty cool, doesn't it?
... 

There is no 'Need to know basis' here. Just stop it.


I ask this because I don't know anybody there, I don't know where the country is and honestly, I couldn't give a fuck about the place if I tried, so I think my question is valid. Why do I need to know this? 
Evidently, whoever does my newsfeed for me thinks I should know about it. Maybe I should find out who that is and just smack the fuck the fuckin' shit out of him or her until they stop telling me stupid shit like this.
... 


I wish I could draw like that.
... 


Isn't it funny how calling somebody a 'rocket scientist' usta be a mock when I was a kid. The nerds get to do really cool shit like this and I'm bangin' fuckin' nails for a living. WTF happened there?
... 

... 

... 


A hospital employee in Italy has been accused of pocketing roughly $648,000 in salary over 15 years despite never showing up for work. Dubbed the “king of absentees,” Salvatore Scumace, 66, now faces charges of abuse of office, forgery and aggravated extortion over the alleged scheme.
 
Prosecutors said Scumace stopped showing up to his gig as a safety officer at the Pugliese-Ciaccio Hospital in Catanzaro after he was put on the books in 2005. He allegedly threatened the hospital director to prevent her from reporting his absences. After her retirement, Scumace continued to cash his paychecks — as his absenteeism went unnoticed by both the new director and the human resources department
... 

... 

More than 100 protesters took to the streets of Columbus, Ohio, Wednesday night to demonstrate against the police shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant. 
Bryant, a 16-year-old black teenager, was shot and killed by a white police officer after she charged at two people with a knife. On Wednesday night, protesters were heard chanting: 'Say her name. Ma'Khia Bryant.' 
... 

... 

Here's a gadget I really like - 
and it's on sale this week. Take a look.
 

You can find one for yourself - click on the picture or  here:
... 

... 


I think they do it on purpose.
... 


... 


The wing-nut whackjob New York congresswoman declared at the re-launch of her Green New Deal plan that climate change was a product of racial injustice - comments that were ridiculed by her critics. Ocasio-Cortez said that the planet's perilous state was 'born of injustice', adding that it was 'a crisis born of the pursuit of profit at any and all human and ecological cost'.  She said that this was owing to racism.
... 

... 

... 

Guys - Mother's Day is coming up is next Sunday. 
How about getting something special for 
your wife, your daughter or your Mom? 
The jewelry my wife makes is not expensive and 
it will make a really nice gift for someone special to you. 

Click on the picture for information about this item
 
 There's still time - If you order this week you'll get it delivered by May 9th. See all that she has to offer - including earrings and necklaces -  in her 'store' by clicking on this link:
... 

... 










8 comments:

  1. There will be another US visible solar eclipse in 2024...just how close to death are you? As far as wishing you could draw that, I wish I could draw something like that to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might have to visit a friend in Austin for that thanks

      Delete
  2. I was at Lake of Egypt, Illinois, over 2 minutes of totality. Awesome, laying on a paddle board watching. Will be there again in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russia has decided the US is not a dependable partner in space exploration. If I were them, I'd want a new space station too, and I wouldn't want to depend on the US to hold up their end of the effort. They'd be better off making a separate deal with Elon Musk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - Space Force will be history before ya know it. Too bad.

      Delete
  4. Be honest Joe. If you could draw, the lady by the pool would have larger, ah, front flotation devices

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drove from Columbus to just outside Portland TN for the 2017 eclipse. It was something to behold. Totality in 2024 just brushes Columbus, so as long as the weather cooperates, I won't have to travel as far to get right under it.

    ReplyDelete

Yes it is...