Sunday, September 6, 2026

Very few shows hold up as well and Barney Miller...

I'm a little prejudiced when it comes to this show for a couple of reasons, not the least of which is that my Dad was a Captain in Newark at the same time this show came on, and aside from the mustache, the two were incredibly similar in the way they ran their commands. 
The other reason is obvious. In '74, when the show premiered, I had just joined the NPD. An interesting aside? I grew up with Ron Carey (Levitt)  - he came from my neighborhood. He was that same age as my brother Bob - funny guy.
Anyway, I could watch an episode every day of this and never get tired of it. It's available on YouTube if you have it. Tune in - you'll thank me for this...


...  
That's only 34 cents per cup and it's GOOD coffee -
better than the coffee in the squad room!
...  



2 comments:

  1. Dad was a cop for many years, and I think the only cop show he liked(or could stand) was 'Barney Miller'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to be a common theme. I was an Air Force Security Policeman (Law Enforcement, back when LE and Security Specialists were separate) and my youngest brother was a small-town policeman. He and I both don't care for any other police shows, but we both still watch Barney Miller.

    ReplyDelete

It always becomes 'class warfare' with the Uber-lefties like AOC...

  Before becoming one of the most recognizable progressives in Congress, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez worked as a bartender and waitress in...