This is a fairly typical thing here - although I've seen them in Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina. We call 'em 'canopy streets'. The trees are Grand Oaks that throw limbs and branches out the sides to create the canopies.
There's one Grand Oak in my neighborhood that they built a road around rather than cut the tree down. One of the tree guys I know in my neighborhood estimated that that tree is 400 years old. At the trunk it's probably 15' around. Imagine that - a tree, a living thing - that predates our country. Fascinating stuff...
...
I like simple. This is simple.
I like simple. This is simple.
See it for yourself - this is similar
to a KA BAR at half the price.
...

Florida has some canopied roads near Tallahassee.
ReplyDeleteI will stick with the K-bar. I was issued a K-bar going to Desert Shield as part of JCSE providing communications.
At least one near Ft Pierce.
DeleteThere is a massive oak tree here that is about 12 ft across that has 7 main branches coming out of the trunk about 4 ft above the ground, On a night with a full moon it is pretty spooky.
ReplyDeleteThat chart above forgot the 5 gallon plastic bucket. The 3 great inventions are Fire, the wheel and the plastic bucket. The rest is just fluff.
ReplyDelete