Friday, August 14, 2026

Here's a memory most of us over 60 have very clearly...


 Here's what Google's AI thingy has to say about this:
This image captures the nostalgic tradition of cutting open brown paper grocery bags to custom-fold, tape, and decorate as protective covers for school textbooks.
The practice was widespread from the 1960s through the 1980s as a resourceful and cost-effective way to keep new, rented(?) or reused school books in good condition throughout the academic year.
Students often personalized their homemade paper book covers with doodles, their name, class subject, and stickers. 
 
Me? I wrote what the subject was on the skinny side/the spine of the book - genius move, I must say.  Seriously, after my Mother taught me how to do it in the first grade, I did it myself throughout my schooling, up to and including senior year of High School - all Catholic Schools I might add. My one rebellious take on it? I always did the covers inside in, so most of my books said PathMark, ShopRite or A&P on the outside. What a mastermind, huh?

...  

...  



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Freak Brothers go country? Uhoh...

...      Someone must have a birthday  or anniversary coming up. Here's a great gift idea...   Click on the picture for more information...