Saturday, March 6, 2021

The theaters are re-opening in New York City. You'd think everyone there just hit the lottery.

 It's amazing to me that they have anything at all to show in the  theaters that people haven't binge-watched at home this last year... 

Theaters near me opened up five months ago and shut down right away because there were no new movies.

... 


Who do you think they're rooting for?
... 

... 


Is this Bi-Partisanship? Don't kid yourself. None the less, The Senate on Friday squashed a bid to tack a $15 minimum wage to President Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion coronavirus aid bill, with eight Democratic caucus members joining all 50 Republicans in rejecting the change.
  

The Senate parliamentarian had ruled that the wage increase could not be added to the bill and approved by a simple majority of senators despite House passage of the provision last week. After Senate Democrats stripped it from the Covid package, a group of progressive senators led by Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) forced a vote on the policy change anyway.
 
Let's be perfectly clear here. If this bill was only about COVID relief, it would be one-tenth the size and it would have passed two months ago.
... 


This is how I'm hoping to spend my day.
... 

... 

... 

If your or someone you know has Gout, 
you have to read this...


Black Cherry Concentrate does one thing - and one thing only. 
It breaks down Uric Acid in your system
 It does nothing else. It doesn't interfere with anything, it has no side effects or contra-indications with other drugs or supplements that I know of. It does just one thing. It knocks down the severity and frequency of gout flareups. I haven't had one in probably five or so years taking just two of these a day. It's a god-send. Believe me. 

Click on this for even more info:
... 

 
You know those shows and  movies they have where somebody goes to Italy and buys a run-down house for cheap and fixes it up for themselves? Well, that might be number two or three on my bucket list, but we'll talk about that some other time. What I would do in the house first no matter what is the kitchen, and this is pretty much exactly how I'd do it. Wuddya think?
... 


And she's gonna be there to help me 
with the remodeling. Hey - fuck it. 
If yer gonna dream, dream big or shut up, right?
... 

Saw this guy yesterday at the Mickey D's near me.

... 


Two abandoned Soviet space shuttles left in the Kazakhstan. 
How do you just walk away from something this magnificent?
... 

I used to have a younger sister. She watches MSNBC.
... 


I posted this about a year ago and just found the pic again in my files. There a subtle brilliance to humor like this that I'm truly enamored of. I liken it to border-line genius, really. This is another example of humor that's so subtle it's almost benign, but none-the-less brilliant.


And, to my mind, this one cartoon may well be the best single-panel cartoon ever created. Juss' sayin'...
... 


It's that time of year again. Kids are flocking to Florida to prove how stupid and crazy they are...


 The Wharf - a hot beach hangout in Ft. Lauderdale, announced on Friday that throughout March, it will not allow in anyone from out-of-state who is younger than 23 in a further effort to curb Spring Break debauchery. The popular bar said in an Instagram post that guests who have out-of-state IDs will be restricted to those 23 or older. 
Partygoers had already crowded onto beaches and into bars and restaurants in Florida on Friday, as the first students began to arrive and set about enjoying the state's weather and the lax coronavirus restrictions. Students ignored pleas from city officials hoping to prevent the wave of young people from descending on the state in the coming weeks. 
Several Florida cities have made attempts to impose further restrictions as they fear that the Spring Break ritual could result in a spike in cases as it did last year when the pandemic had just reached the United States. In Miami Beach, a midnight curfew is in place and patrols have been beefed to stop alcohol consumption on the beach, while in Fort Lauderdale, steel barriers have been erected between bars to enforce 'social distancing'.
... 

Cancel culture is alive and well 
in Great Britain. Imagine that.


They're afraid of offended Germany. 
The country that used to lob rockets at their country.
... 


Just before she switched teams...
... 

A great pair of jeans for under $ 15.00 bucks?
It's legit - wouldn't lie to you.


Rustler makes a great pair of pants for a ridiculously low price. See for yourself here - there's plenty of styles and sizes to choose from:
... 


I have a cat that stupid.
... 


I think this guy is gonna prove himself to be a very good, 
if not great, manager for the Yankees.
... 

... 

 
Almost every summer day when I was a kid growing up in Newark. Because my father was a cop, the firemen used to let him (meaning us) keep the wrench and the sprinkler cap for the hydrant. 
I betcha, at one point, there were probably 50 or so kids on my block, and it was all single family houses, not apartments.
... 

... 

... 


Mural on Building in Downtown DeLand, Florida. DeLand is also home to a decent Art Museum and Stetson College. Yeah, that Stetson.
... 


Not the first time Ole' Joe took a shot at towelheads 
(as he once famously referred to them as).
... 

... 


Yeah honey - they ain't fake. No, seriously, the guy 
did a great job. Jeez. WTF are they thinking?
... 


One of the many funky little shops in tiny Micanopy, Florida just north of where I live. Basically just restaurants and antique and gift shops, The movie "Doc Hollywood" starring Michael J. Fox and Woody Harrelson was shot in Micanopy in 1991.
... 


1950 Jeep ad. It was still Willys at that time.
... 

This is a really comfortable work shoe. 


Find 'em here at a really good price:
...  

 
Doing symbolic stupid shit like this is just that - it's stupid. Why even bother?
... 

... 

... 

I consider this to be not stupid at all.


... 

... 

... 

... 

Great tool bags. 
I have a couple of them.



Get a couple for yourself here at a great price:
... 


This is the longest running none-news program in History. It's been nonstop now for 32 friggin' years. Nice work if you can get it, huh?
... 

Need a nice St. Patrick's Day gift for a loved one? 
A piece of my wife's jewelry is a great idea.

 
Click on the picture for information on this item.

Click on this link to see all she has to offer:
...  

... 

... 

... 

... 






3 comments:

  1. Well Joe I certainly never considered myself the sharpest knife in the drawer but I’ve done pretty good for myself thus far in my life, most of my friends and family think I’m pretty knowledgeable and smart. However I can’t for the life of me figure out the Fusilli cartoon??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the absurdity of it that makes it so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The range in the kitchen, vintage 1950's Chambers. Mom had one.

    ReplyDelete

Our friends at Twisted Hillbilly keep sending these young lovelies our way...

...    Someone you know has a birthday or anniversary coming up. Buy here this - she'll love ya more for it...        Click on the pictu...