Wednesday, March 24, 2021

The news changes every day. The people in the news don't. It's maddening.

 I saw a headline yesterday for Fox news - 'Watch Joe Biden board Air Force One' and I thought to myself  'We're all fucked'... 

If that's what they think is newsworthy.


If I told ya details you'd never revisit this blog.
 Trust me on that.
... 

... 

... 

... 


NASA has traced the lineage of its innovative Ingenuity Mars helicopter all the way back to the historic first flight Orville and Wilbur Wright undertook at Kitty Hawk in 1903. A tiny piece of fabric from the famous Wright aircraft is now in residence on the red planet, tucked under Ingenuity's solar panel.
... 


1950s Jantzen ad illustrated by Pete Hawley. The '50's were, in my own opinion, representative of the best - and the worst - of print advertising.
... 

 
Prince Harry has a new title: 'Chief impact officer'.
 

That's the job the Duke of Sussex has taken at BetterUp, a San Francisco-based startup focused on coaching and mental health. BetterUp "brings together world-class coaching, AI technology, and behavioral science experts" to help people live "more meaningful, vibrant lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion." I guess there weren't any asses to lick nearby.
... 

 ... 

Elon Musk says people can now buy a Tesla with bitcoin


Those cars are scary. They don't make any noise at all.
 ... 

 ... 

Great tool bags. I have a couple of them.


Get a couple for yourself here at a great price:
... 


If you're Italian American (like I am) you'll understand how 'Sunday' a thing like this is. And yes, you fry them - you do NOT fucking bake meatballs...
... 

... 


In 1946, the United States tested a new atomic bomb on the Bikini Atoll in the Marshall Islands. Around the same time, Louis Reard, a French designer, was inventing a two-piece swimsuit. He heard the word bikini and they have been called this ever since.

... 

... 

If I tried I couldn't give a fuck less about college basketball, but nonetheless I did get a huge fuckin' kick outta this little tidbit:

... 

... 

... 


Senator Bernie Sanders said recently that he’s not “comfortable” with former President Trump’s Twitter ban, arguing it could lead suppression of users across the political spectrum. The Vermont Independent found common ground with many Republicans who accused the social media network of left-leaning bias and political censorship after they banned Trump in the wake of the Jan. 6 attack US Capitol riot.
 
Sanders made the comments to New York Times columnist Ezra Klein Tuesday, after Trump aides announced the former president would soon return to social media with his own platform.
... 

... 


Happens to me every day.
... 

These are really comfortable knockin' around pants but 
still okay enough for going out for dinner or drinks.   


At under 25 bucks each, a good deal, too. See for yourself:
... 



We need this because the last year didn't suck enough.
... 

I'll leave with this to ponder, too...

... 

Why did the Beatles cross the road?

... 




... 

I've mentioned my wife's Etsy stuff - are you maybe trying 
to find a nice gift or surprise  for your wife or girlfriend? 
Take a minute and look at the jewelry my wife makes. It's not expensive 
and it will make a really nice gift for someone special to you. 

Click on the picture for information about the items above.

Click on the picture for information about this item
 
There's a large variety of items that she makes that are available on her Etsy 'storefront'. See all that she has to offer in her 'store' by clicking on this link:


... 

...  









5 comments:

  1. The meatball thing, we also only fry ours. However when I was visiting my sister in NYC some time ago she took to me to an Italian place in Connecticut, because of their famous meatball sandwiches. Well they certainly were as good as advertised but then I found out they were baked. I was stunned. The owner came by and said it was all in the ingredients. I honestly couldn't argue with him. I will say this,they're a heck of a lot easier to make that way. Ball up the meat and whatever else you put in them, throw them in a pan and right into the oven at 350 for 45-60 minutes. I did it a couple of times when I brought food for a party and everyone raved about them. You sure can turn out a heck of a lot more of them too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but nothing ever smells as good as meatballs as they're fryin', AND the taste of the first one before it goes in the sauce pot? C'mon dude...

      Delete
    2. When my kids were all home half of them never even made it to pot!

      Delete
  2. I cooked some meatballs on the smoker once and they were good in the sauce! I was watching some Italian lady on a show make meatballs, she tossed the balls straight into the spaghetti sauce to cook, she had a big pot going.

    Twitter, fb & all those others ban people because they want to suppress those who don't think correctly ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mu mother is spinning in her Urn thinking about smoked meatballs. Juss' sayin'...

      Delete