Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Loooking back to better days, and yet...

 

It was the summer of 1972. I was 18, going on 19. It was, without question, the greatest summer of my life. I fell in love that summer, but that's a sad story for maybe another day.
Anyway, when all my friends were listening to the Stones and Zeppelin, I was much more tuned in to the magic of truly great musician-based story tellers, like YES, Tull, and these guys. Chicago changed the face of rock, infusing jazz and deep harmony in to every song.
This one song is extra special because Terry Kath starts lead vocals. A brilliant songwriter and lyricist himself, did you know that he was Jimi Hendrix' favorite guitar player? Yeah - that good.  It's funny - the lyrics are as appropriate today as they were then.
Great music - great memories. Hold on to them as long 
as you can. I'll do my best...

...
 
   Click the screen cap to play. If  you don't have Prime, sign up today and all the music is free.
...   

Do you listen to music in the
 background while you're on your
 computer? I do, and I have
 these. Great sound and only 
38 bucks. Helluva deal.
Click on the speakers for more info.
...   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Loooking back to better days, and yet...

  It was the summer of 1972. I was 18, going on 19. It was, without question, the greatest summer of my life. I fell in love that summer, bu...