Monday, October 5, 2026

Is AI teaching us to not trust anyone - or anything we see - anymore?

Ya had to know that sooner or later one of these cartoonists would go all 'Terminator' on us. It's not like we haven't been thinkinh that alll along, right? Well, according to at least one source I've seen, artificial intelligence companies have stepped up public assurances that they can handle oversight internally. 
Recent statements from major developers emphasize internal review boards and shared safety standards. Lawmakers in multiple countries are simultaneously advancing bills that would impose external audits and liability rules. 
The broader context involves years of uneven enforcement in technology. Past episodes with social media platforms showed that voluntary commitments often yielded to commercial pressures. Regulators now face similar questions about whether AI firms will prioritize safety when it conflicts with rapid deployment. 
The cartoon present a valid argument - that promises of mutual policing among AI systems are not credible substitutes for independent controls. 
By invoking familiar imagery ('I'll be back') of autonomous machines, it suggests the public should treat self-regulation claims with caution and support stronger external safeguards instead. The question is, who out there is competent enough in the technology itself to do that oversight - Adam Schiff or AOC maybe?

Source: Cagle

When I got my dentures, the Doc told me that I should start flossing 
to keep them in shape. Well, I have never flossed (knowingly) 
but this thing is terrific and real easy to use. Take my word for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is AI teaching us to not trust anyone - or anything we see - anymore?

Ya had to know that sooner or later one of these cartoonists would go all 'Terminator' on us. It's not like we haven't been ...