Friday, October 2, 2026

I wouldn'ta gave it back, but that's just me...

 
A barber in Texas opted to do the right thing rather than taking 
the life-changing money when he had the opportunity. The unknown 37-year old man went to an ATM, only to find a bag filled with $128,514 in cash (as well as a smaller bag with 19 checks). While many people might take that money and run, the Lewisville, Texas man began looking for the rightful owner.
Information on one of the bags indicated it might have come from Chick-Fil-A, so he drove to the nearby location, where the owner told him the money wasn't theirs. Flummoxed, he called 911 and returned the money – every dollar of it.
"I've had cases where good Samaritans have turned in property that they found — wallets, IDs, things like that," said Lewisville Police Detective Gina Miller. "But in the case of $128,000, I've never had somebody turn in that kind of money before."
The source of the cash? Police did eventually figure out whose money was recovered. The cash belonged to Bank of America, but had apparently been left behind by Brinks, when a technician serviced the ATM and was supposed to take the money. The tech apparently left it by accident.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I wouldn'ta gave it back, but that's just me...

  A barber in Texas opted to do the right thing rather than taking  the life-changing money when he had the opportunity. The unknown 37-year...