I'm happy to see his trip to Ireland has finally reaped a benefit for us here.
Trump announced on Sunday at the close of a golf tournament in Ireland that he plans to remove a 15% tariff on Irish whiskey. Trump said during the trophy ceremony for the Irish Open that he had been asked about the issue by everyone, including some of the golfers.
“Everybody’s been bugging me” to do it, the Republican president said. “And I said, ‘On behalf of the United States of America, I am going to take the tariffs off’” Irish whiskey.
I prefer Irish single malts, but in an emergency a wee Jameson'll suit me just fine thank. I had bought a bottle just before we left, and when we werereturning from Dublin I passed through the Duty Free justto see prices. A fifth of Jamie was $ 3.00 more there than what I had paid at ABC. So, I ask ya, is that Duty Free shit a scam, or what?


His majesty has found in his heart the willingness to allow us mere mortal to acquire Irish whiskey.
ReplyDeleteRemember when we had freedom and could decide what to so with our money?
Is the Jameson sold in Duty Free the same as the bottle you bought at home, or is it like Guinness and what you would have gotten straight from Ireland better than what's sold in the States? I don't know - just asking.
ReplyDeleteImagine praising someone for removing tariffs that they put there in the first place... Fsck that guy and his tariffs, he's just making life more expensive for us.
ReplyDelete