The Villages, the sprawling 'retirement community' in Central Florida where I live has now seen a decrease in home prices for the fourth consecutive year, following a sharp peak during the COVID-19 pandemic. Recognized as the largest master-planned community in the U.S., The Villages offers an 'active lifestyle' (or you can just chill like I do) to its more than 150,000 residents. With over 50 golf courses, more than 100 recreation centers, and more social clubs and bars than you can think of, The Villages provides the dream retirement for some Americans. And once again, that dream just got a little more affordable.
As of August 2026, the median listing price for a home in The Villages is $377,784, a nearly 2% decrease from the median home price of $385,316 in August 2025, according to Realtor.com® listing data. The median listing price of a home in The Villages peaked in 2022 at $436,850, when it jumped nearly $100,000 from 2021’s median listing price of $338,084.
Now that it's getting back to reeasonable prices again, ya really might wanna come check it out. It's the kinda place where, if ya wanna disappear in a crowd, it's perfect. Just near me, there are six supermarkets, three big box stores and god knows how many doctors and dentists all within a couple miles of my house.
Don't get me wrong - I have no skin in the game. I'm just hipping you to a possible way out if you're sick of being the proud owner of a snow shovel...




I was looking at the Villages in 2022. My Georgian style house in NE Atlanta was worth $100k less at that time. I moved to SE Georgia when I found the perfect place. I will look at it again one day.
ReplyDeleteVillages.....,eh,rather keep my shovel/acerage/critters/on move shooting range etc.
ReplyDeleteEven if I lost all that feel would rather live in a rabid weasel's den then the villages,....,or anywhere in Florida.
i am definetly one of the snow birds you do not have to worry about!
I'll stay on my half section and the only residence in that half section. Looking at the warren of houses makes glad I'm where I'm at with the nearest neighbor a half mile away and still too close.
ReplyDelete