Monday, September 21, 2026

It's that time of year again here...

Forget snow and ice. In Florida, winter driving means torrential rain, sudden flooding, heavy fog, standing water, and that one afternoon when the sky turns completely black at 2 PM. Soon, half the state will slow down to 25 MPH because the rain got a little heavy… while the other half will fly past at 70 with bald tires, windshield wipers fighting for their lives, and one hand on the wheel. 
Then the storm gets serious. Roads disappear under water. Traffic lights go dark. Visibility drops to almost nothing. And somewhere nearby, a guy in a lifted pickup looks at the flooded road and says:
“My truck can handle it.” Keep those tires in good shape. Slow down when visibility drops. And NEVER drive through a flooded roadway just because you think it doesn’t look that deep.
Because the most famous last words of Florida driving season are: 
“It’s not THAT deep.” That's just 'Life in Florida'...



It's THAT time of year, also...


2 comments:

  1. Hell I cant stay home just because there is another torrential downpour. I live in the Villages and play senior softball. You dont think they are going to cancel a game because of a downpour or because it is 36 degrees? Gotta get the game in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't count the number of cars I've had to recover because “It’s not THAT deep.” (The other version is "The ice is thick enough!")

    ReplyDelete

The FFFB both ways...

 One of our friends here said he  prefers the old B&W Freak Bros... I'll let you guys decide. Majority rules... These and other coll...