Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Is perspective the bitch everybody thinks it is?

Of course perspective's a bitch, 
but where would we be without it...  

This may well be as classic an example as I need to make my point. Originally published on April 25, 1960, it should come as no surprise that one of Schulz's most memorable strips is from the era which has often been credited as his creative peak. But think about it just for a minute. That date was over 65 years ago, but in our minds it seems like just yesterday, doesn't it?
At the time, Peanuts was evolving from a clever gag strip into a sincere portrait of what it's like to grow up. Personally, this was the decade that produced many of my favorite strips ever published. Even today, this era of Peanuts continues to tower over competition.
Although Lucy is typically remembered for her bossiness and blunt advice, this strip offers a rare glimpse at her softer side. It’s one of those brief moments that proved Schulz understood the many layers of childhood, because even if a kid might seem bossy to their peers, there's a good chance they still love dogs - if nothing else - deep down,  whether they refuse to acknowledge it in public or not. 
...  

...  

...  

We just talked about something similar. The California grape growers are bitching about lack of demand so their grapes are dying on the vine. Now the French growers are bitching about low yield whilst that same lack of demand effects them as well.
French vineyards hit by severe drought and heatwaves are expected to report a 30-year low in wine production after the country’s hottest ever recorded summer, according to the agriculture ministry. Initial estimates suggest winemakers will produce just under 34m hectolitres (by the way, that translates roughly in to 9 billion gallons, so they may wanna check the accuracy of that number) from this year’s harvest: a drop of 6% on last year, and 17% less than ‌the 2021-2025 average.
...  

...  

Someone must have a birthday 
or anniversary coming up.
Here's a great new gift idea...
 Click on the picture for more information on this cute bracelet
It's only $ 25.00 - and comes to you with free shipping!
...  

How long do you think it took Crumb
to draw out that comic? Crazy details.
...  

Norman Rockwell's famous 1943 paintings illustrating Franklin D. Roosevelt's The Four Freedoms. 
Freedom of Speech: Depicts a man speaking up at a town meeting.
Freedom of Worship: Shows people of different faiths in prayer.
Freedom from Want: Illustrates a family gathered around a Thanksgiving dinner table.
Freedom from Fear: Shows parents tucking their children safely into bed.
...  

...   

Centrum Silver Men's 50+ Multivitamin with Vitamin D3, 
B-Vitamins, Zinc for Memory and Cognition - 200 Tablets. 
Perfect for men over 50. That's .10 cents each!
...   

...  

No hurricane has formed in the Atlantic basin so far this year despite a string of tropical storms battering parts of the US and monster systems roaring across the Pacific.

And with the climatological peak of hurricane season arriving on September 10, forecasters are now watching to see whether the extraordinary lull can last long enough to enter the history books.
...  

...  


A number of you have asked for my pizza recipe of the years. The other day I stumbled across this and realized that is almost exactly the way I do mine, so there ya have it in a form that you can save. You're welcome...
...  

...  

...  

...  

...  

Caroline bought me that single malt for our stay up 
at the cottage up in Donegal. She told me she bought it at Tesco for 24 pounds - around $ 33.00. I've seen it online for as much as $ 70.00 here in the US.
I gotta tell ya - that was just about the smoothest drinking whiskey I've ever experienced, and trust me when I tell you I've had my share. When we went back to Belfast we went back to the Tesco and couldn't find it. I had planned to bring a couple bottles home with me, but couldn't find it at the duty free, either. If ya ever do come across it, let me know what you think of it. I think you won't be disappointed...
...  

...  

...  

...    



1 comment:

  1. I've had Dalwhinnie, I think it was a 12-year old, and it was good. Never seen that particular one before.

    ReplyDelete

Is perspective the bitch everybody thinks it is?

Of course perspective's a bitch,  but where would we be without it...    This may well be as classic an example as I need to make my poi...