“I can never get a zipper to close. Maybe that stands for something,
what do you think?”
In Charles Vidor‘s sexy, sultry film noir classic GILDA, the incendiary Rita Hayworth stars in the title role – in what is, without question, her signature cinematic legacy.
Just arrived in Argentina, small-time crooked gambler Johnny Farrell is saved from a gunman by sinister Ballin Mundson, who later makes Johnny his right-hand man. But their friendship based on mutual lack of scruples is strained when Mundson returns from a trip with a wife: the supremely desirable Gilda, whom Johnny once knew and learned to hate.
The relationship of Johnny and Gilda, a battlefield of warring emotions, becomes even more bizarre after Mundson disappear. Starring Rita Hayworth, Glenn Ford, and George Macready.



I live on the St Johns River and we don't have all the amenities of The Villages, however I'm glad to hear how pleasant it is for all the nice folks who reside there!
ReplyDelete