Swaths of Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Scotland and Northern Spain will be treated to a cosmic triple-whammy Wednesday as three celestial phenomena converge in a rare display that could both brighten and darken the Atlantic sky.
A total solar eclipse, a planetary parade and the Perseid meteor shower’s peak will all be visible on the same day across a fairly wide corridor stretching from northeast Greenland, to the western reaches of Iceland and almost straight across Spain. The phenomenon will also be visible to anybody floating across swaths of the Atlantic Ocean and even an uninhabited region of Russia.
I called my sister-in-law to see if they were going up to the cottage to watch it and she said they were too busy, and besides, they were waiting for me to get there next week before going up to the country. Damn, I wish I was there now to see it all. Oh, well. Wuddya gonna do. Normally, we'da been there this week, not next. Shit happens And yeah - take this as an early notice. The blog posts'll be a little slim while I'm gone. Juss' sayin'...
...


No comments:
Post a Comment