Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Taking threats seriously, and other silliness...

President Trump was secretly whisked off Air Force One in an airport catering truck last month and departed Turkey on a separate military flight in response to a threat from Iran, according to a report. 
The secret mission, reported by the Washington Post on Monday, left journalists and even White House staff believing that they were on the same plane as the president when they departed the annual NATO Summit in Ankara on July 8. But in reality they served as a decoy while Trump traveled in a smaller, Air Force C-32A. 
The elaborate ruse saw Trump publicly board an older model of Air Force One before being smuggled out in a catering truck that had been lifted up to a door on the opposite side of the entrance to the presidential plane. 
By my way of thinking, I'd imagine he didn't enjoy that very much. The guy is used to a kinda 'lavish' lifestyle, if ya get my drift. For him to have done this, the threat musta been very serious. Juss' sayin'...
...  

...  

...  

The Kettlewell scarecrow festival in England is an annual event. Looks like fun. The two-week event celebrates the creativity of the Yorkshire Dales village and has gone from strength to strength since beginning as a fundraiser for the local primary school in 1994.
...  

...  


When the Perseid meteor shower reaches its peak tomorrow night, the moon will be in its new moon phase, giving off no light. The following night, on Aug. 13, the moon will be in its waxing crescent phase, with only 1% illumination. The dark skies will enhance the view for stargazers hoping to catch a glimpse of some shooting stars and brighter fireballs, experts say. The best viewing period is expected to be during the overnight hours of Wednesday, Aug. 12, through the predawn hours of Thursday, Aug. 13.
Some experts say another good viewing opportunity should be during the early morning hours on Aug. 12. In areas with dark, cloudless skies, as many as 50 to 100 meteors per hour could be seen during the Perseid meteor shower during its peak. “With swift and bright meteors, Perseids frequently leave long ‘wakes’ of light and color behind them as they streak through Earth’s atmosphere,” NASA notes. “Perseids are also known for their fireballs... larger explosions of light and color that can persist longer than an average meteor streak.”
...  

There's more than just a coupla jokes in that one.
...  

...  

... 

...  

Only problem is, the fuckin' guy could actually win up there...
...  

...  

...  

My truck - I like to call her 'Big Blue' because the Babs hates the truck - and the name, but anyway, Ole' Blue is an '05 F-150 who now has just over 200,000 miles on her, with no signs of slowing down. Babs has been up my butt for the last coupla years to get something new, but I just can't do it. Fuck, maybe not everything works the way it's supposed to, like I have to push the UP button to lower the shotgun window, and the back doors don't open anymore (the parts for fixing them I've had now for four years), but it's not like I'm driving back and forth to Jersey anymore.
Long and short of it, I'll drive that fucker in to the ground. If I have to put three grand a year in to it, it's still a bargain, unlike buying a new one for around 50g's, know what I mean? Anyway, I digress again. If I ever did have to put Ole' Blue down, I think I'd like that old 1935 Buick Model 67 Five-Passenger Sedan to take her place. Car'd be a fuckin' chick magnet to boot, but it's not like anything's gonna happen, if ya know what I mean...
...  

...  

I wanna take a minute and thank all of my readers that enjoy the blog and use it as a portal to Amazon when you buy stuff there. 
 You make it worthwhile for my to continue doing this, and for that I am truly grateful. I really like creating these posts, and I'm equally glad you guys (and gals) enjoy them also. Thanks again!
...  

Longhaired students with placards, picketing in protest to dress code at Palisades High School Pacific Palisades Calif. March 8, 1966
...  

Birthday or Anniversary coming up?
Here's a great idea for a gift for her

Click on the picture for more information on this bracelet.
It's simple yet elegant - and comes to you with free shipping!
...  

That's a headline for six years ago today. Think about all that encpompasses. The amount of damage that little weasely fuckwad did to  our country - and to the world, with all of that 'gain of function' bullshit that was so important to him, for God knows what reason. I've never believed there was a hell, but man, am I leaning in that direction now - just for that smug little cockroach.
...  

And that was our so-called 'leadership' at the time. Jeez...
...  

...  

Susan Hart, Shelley Fabares, and Barbara Eden pose on the set of 
Ride the Wild Surf (1964). We certainly did grow up in much 
different times, didn't we?
... 

I like simple. This is simple.


 See it for yourself:
... 

A classic example of why I stay as far away as I can from big rigs when I'm on a highway - especially ones that have low over-hanging overpasses like this one. Ya notice - he starts to swerve at the last minute that makes the left side rise up a bit? I wonder if he'da been okay had he not done that. Maybe he's one of them fuckin' illegals who don't speak or read english.
...  

...  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking threats seriously, and other silliness...

President Trump was secretly whisked off Air Force One in an airport catering truck last month and departed Turkey on a separate military fl...