Friday, August 21, 2026

It used to be a truly happy place for me...

I know I've talked about Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village before, and I'll continue to say that it is/was one of my favorite place on earth, Back in the 60's and 70's, and even in to the 80's, it was a vibrant, fun, carefree oasis in a big crazy city, but sadly now it's turned in to yet another shithole filled with druggies and jerkoffs, filthy dirty and not desirable at all - especially at night. It's a shame such beautiful places go to shit when nobody cares...

...  

Click here for more information.
...  
 
...  


1 comment:

  1. I was at Washington square a couple of weeks ago. Honestly there is nothing in your description that matches the reality of Washington square park today. It is a great place filled with kids and people having a good time.
    I didn't stay at night but it is very hard for me to believe that it is worse now than it was in the 70s or 80s. NYC crime rates picked in the 70s, 80s and 90s and have consistently dropped since then.

    Seems like a combination of nostalgia and hate have led you to believe that somehow the 70s were a better time in NYC.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_New_York_City#/media/File:New_York_Murders_Annually_-_1928-2023.svg

    ReplyDelete

He may be liberal, but...

  Comedian and talk-show host Bill Maher tore into media groups Friday night over efforts to restrict use of the word “terrorism” - even for...