Saturday, August 8, 2026

I finally get that whole 'suspenders' thing...

 
Ya seem 'em no matter where you are. Those old, beer-belly-out-to-there guys wearing suspenders to hold up their pants. I always thought that was legit - well, at least up until recently I did. Now that I'm not quite as 'active' as I usta be, I've noticed that my pants start slipping down on me - even with a belt on kinda snug-ish. Mentioned it to the Babs last night and she said 'If you haven't noticed you have no ass at all any more'. It must be true. Not having access to a full-length mirror, I have no way to check it out, so I'll just take her word for it, and I'll keep hitchin' up my shorts...
...  

...  

...  

The Simpsons don't cut anybody any slack...
...  

There aren't many Legion Posts that can match up with the one I belong to. Granted it's a five hour ride from here, but I do manage to get down there a couple times a year. It's a converted classic Florida ranch house in the middle of a residential area off the beaten path, sitting on a side-road. Not a lot of parking, but it does have a pretty killer back yard BBQ and party setup. Ice cold beers, good company and great stories - what more could a guy want?
Oh - and for the record, the Lady Lake, Florida Post is the largest in the country, and they can kiss my fuckin' ass. That's a story I may or may not get in to at some point.
...  

... 

There's all kinds old guy car nuts down here in The Villages. Guy up the street from me has an almost identical jeep to this one, fully restored and really cool looking - minus the mounted machine guns, of course. He told me it's a 1951 model that he himself shipped back from Korea after the war was ended, and he's had it ever since. That, in itself, is impressive as fuckall.
...  


You'll get a good couple of years out of these, 
and they are super comfortable.
See them on sale for yourself here.
...  

...  

People of Indian descent own an estimated 50% to 70% of all 7-Eleven franchise locations in the United States. Official corporate demographic breakdowns by exact nationality are not published by 7-Eleven, but industry and cultural reports consistently point to this high percentage of ownership.
South Asian Americans - predominantly immigrants from Gujarat and Punjab - own close to half of the entire independent convenience store and gas station market across the U.S. Because 7-Eleven relies heavily on franchising where individual stores are independently owned and operated, it historically served as an accessible path to business ownership for new immigrant communities.
While Indian and South Asian ownership is exceptionally high in major metro areas and regions like the Northeast, Midwest, and Texas, other immigrant groups hold higher ownership shares in alternative geographic pockets - such as Filipino owners in parts of the West.
...  

...  

...  

These are members of the 13th Waffen Mountain Division of the SS Handschar (comprised largely of Bosnian Muslims) at prayer during training in Neuhammer, Germany, in November 1943.
 Formed in 1943, the division was made up primarily of Bosnian Muslim volunteers alongside Catholic Croat soldiers, led mostly by German and ethnic German (Volksdeutsche) officers. It was the first non-Germanic division created within the Waffen-SS. Heinrich Himmler and Nazi leadership promoted the recruitment of Muslim units in the Balkans primarily for counter-insurgency operations against Josip Broz Tito’s Partisans in Yugoslavia.
The division was named Handschar after a traditional scimitar/knife symbol used in the region. Units within the division were appointed their own military imams.
...  

Someone must have a birthday 
or anniversary coming up.
Here's a great gift idea...
 
Click on the picture for more information on this lovely bracelet
It's only $ 35.00 - and it comes to you with free shipping!
...  

...  

...  

Ya got both sides of the gun argument in this one story. The obvious thing is that only good people with guns can stop bad guys with guns. The other side of the equation is debatable as to the whack-job who gets the gun and does shit like this. Would he have done something heinous if he only had access to a machette or a broad sword? Can't say for sure, but it does happen often enough. They still haven't been able to figure out why this jerkoff did what he did - as if, after the fact, anybody gives a shit about 'causation'. Juss' sayin'...
...  


DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Drill and Impact Driver, Power Tool 
Combo Kit with 2 Batteries and Charger - still only $ 149.00.
They're $ 199.00 at Walmart and Home Depot...
Click on the photo for ordering information
...  

...  

...  

...  





No comments:

Post a Comment

I finally get that whole 'suspenders' thing...

  Ya seem 'em no matter where you are. Those old, beer-belly-out-to-there guys wearing suspenders to hold up their pants. I always thoug...