Wednesday, July 29, 2026

I've been waiting for a deal like this to come along...

First off let me set this straight - I am NOT shilling for these guys. It's just too good a deal for me to pass up, and I thought I'd share it with you guys while I was at it. I have been waiting for some kinda price reduction or coupon or something to come up to sign back up to Costco, and this is it. The annual membership is a little stiff at $ 65.00, but if they're gonna give me a $ 50.00 credit during this promotion, fuck it - count me in. 
Let me say again - I have no skin in this game - I'm simply passing along what I think is a good offer. Click on that banner add for the deal if you want to. If you like it, check it out. Don't? Cool. Juss' sayin'...
...  

...  
 
...  

...  

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Crookston, Minnesota, is ending Sunday Mass for seven parishes amid declining attendance and a shortage of priests. The Grand Forks Herald reported on Tuesday that Bishop Andrew Cozzens called it one of the most difficult decisions he has ever had to make. Last fall, Cozzens began speaking to parishes to strategize a solution to this problem, but to no avail. The total number of parishes will go from 65 to 58.
In the past ten years, how many mosques have opened in Minnesota? Total estimates of active mosques and Islamic centers in the state range from roughly 75 to over 90, up from about 60 reported in the mid-2010s, reflecting ongoing community growth.
...  

...  

...  


...  

...  

Food prices in the US have shot up by 33% over the last seven years, the biggest jump in grocery prices in half a century — with no relief in sight.

While rampant inflation was to blame for the biggest surge during the pandemic, prices have continued to soar since, with ground beef best demonstrating the out-of-control market as it hit $6.82 a pound in June, a 79% increase from 2019.
...  

A Saturday Evening Post article from 1899 reported Americans were becoming better mannered. Fifty years earlier, their behavior had been strongly criticized by British visitors, but they’d become more courteous without sacrificing their integrity.
Unfortunately, the author said, they had adopted the habit of tipping. The custom had been made popular in the 1860s by Americans who’d picked up the practice while touring Europe.
For some Americans, tipping a servant, waiter, barber, or other worker was an earnest gesture of appreciation. But it was widely regarded as a rudely patronizing gesture - an opportunity for the tipper to show off his wealth or sophistication. And reminder to the worker of his inferior position
Tipping was a distinctly anti-democratic practice. Americans who gave tips, the Post editors said, were being accommodated at the expense of someone else’s self-respect. Objections to the act were so strong that in 1915, seven states passed laws against tipping. But the laws were revoked when it was realized tipping was too widely practice to be stopped.
...  

...  

...  

...  

You can find great gift ideas for her - and 
you don't need a reason to buy one... 
Click on the picture for more information on what's online today.
They're all simple, yet elegant - and come to you with free shipping!
...  

...  

Personal items that once belonged to KFC founder Colonel Sanders are up for public auction, including his black bow tie, pressure cooker, and a number of other household items. His former home and a dinner house he operated after selling his successful chain are also up for auction.
Harland Sanders, the man behind the chain’s Colonel masthead, established the original Kentucky Fried Chicken headquarters on his Shelbyville, Kentucky, property in the late 1950s. He later sold the property, which included his home and the Claudia Sanders Dinner House, to Tommy and Cherry Settle in 1974.
...  

...  

Find one for yourself by clicking on the picture or here:
...  

...  








No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been waiting for a deal like this to come along...

First off let me set this straight - I am NOT shilling for these guys. It's just too good a deal for me to pass up, and I thought I'...