Monday, July 27, 2026

I may be many things, but...

But I sure as fuck ain't no influencer. Babs said I am last night when we were out having a few pops. She said my blog 'influenced' people, hence me being 'an influencer'. I disagree completely. I don't try to influence shit. I know enough about human nature to know two things. First and foremost, it's almost impossible anymore to change someone's mind about anything - whether it's politics, food they like and don't, music, whatever. Was my father an influemcer on me? Absolutely - and so was my Mother, but fuck, that's about it.
I don't try to influence any of y'all with what I post here, because, first and foremost, I do this blog for me. As it works out, enough people like you like what I put up on the blog, but trying to change your minds about anything? I just don't see that happening. 
If I say I like liver and onions (which I hate with a passion), is it gonna make you wanna try it? Doubt it. And I don't have big tits or duck lips, so that can't be the reason you're here.
 

So, all that being said, the only influencing that I do do (still love saying that) here is allow Amazon to post ads on the blog. I do that for very selfish reasons. If you like something you see and you buy it, I get a (very) small commision on it - literally pennies. But, those pennies do justify why I spend as much time doing this as I do. Can't blame me for that, can ya? 
Juss' sayin...

...  

This blog is supported by the meager commissions I get when you buy stuff 
on Amazon going through a link you see here. It doesn't matter if you buy what
 is promoted, or something else - it's all still credited to the blog. I am ever so
 greatful when you guys do it, because that little I do make from Amazon is still
 a big help now that I'm no longer working.
Long and short of it? If you're ever going to Amazon, do me a favor - come to
 the blog first and use one of my links. Your help is greatly appreciated. Seriously...
                                                                                                                         
                                                                      
...  
 
... 

 
Birthday or Anniversary coming up?
Here's a great idea for a gift for her

Click on the picture for more information on this bracelet.
It's simple yet elegant - and comes to you with free shipping!
...  


2 comments:

  1. About the only influence I can credit you with is the thought I am not alone. Other than that you are clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last thing you are is an influencer. You're all over the place with every thing. That's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Sure, everybody needs some kinda 'outlet', but screaming in to the void? I'll pass...

People strolling along North Avenue Beach, a sandy strip on Lake Michigan, in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago, are apt to see somet...