The data comes from the Fed’s Report on the Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households, which found that 49% of adults ages 18 to 29 live with their parents, and another 47% of adults in that same age group received help from someone outside their household to pay an expense - money toward a cell phone bill, general living expenses, or housing costs. There’s a lot of adult children getting financial support from their parents.
The financial-support trend isn’t confined to the youngest adults. There is a separate figure in the same survey: 26% of adults ages 30 to 44 also reported receiving financial help from outside their household.


There's only one solution for this problem: give them government provided housing, forgive their college debt, and put them on welfare.
ReplyDeleteInflation has destroyed our buying power and wages haven't kept pace while big corporations earn record profits. It's a sin what big guv has done.
ReplyDeleteIn the context of this NEVER forget that Trump refused to sign a housing bill aimed at lowering home prices.
ReplyDeleteLet's see, I could waste it all on myself (travel, hot cars and other boy toys come to mind), give it to charity (but I already said waste it and the government does that for me), give it to the government (I repeat myself yet again), or help my kids and grand kids who I at least know and could use a hand now and then.
ReplyDeleteThis comes from piling up enormous debt to earn a worthless degree, while neglecting manual skills and belittling "blue collar" tradesmen as stupid and low-class.
ReplyDelete