Sunday, July 26, 2026

A scam I almost fell for - be careful with those stamps, Skippy...

USPS stamp customers have been targeted by a $1.7 million fraud scheme after millions of fake patriotic postage stamps flooded the country. Officials revealed that two men have been arrested and charged for allegedly running the scheme. John Patrick Best, 55, of Hoschton, Georgia, and Kevin Douglas Padgett, 48, of Phenix City, Alabama, were indicted by a federal grand jury on April 21.
The pair face conspiracy to commit money laundering charges tied to the purchase and distribution of the fake stamps.Best also faces charges of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, along with possession with intent to sell counterfeit postage stamps, according to the Department of Justice. Best and Padgett allegedly began purchasing counterfeit stamps from suppliers in China around January 2024.
 

My story is, I went online to buy a pack of stamps (for the three envelopes I mail a month)and the google search sent me to Ebay. There, I saw rolls of 100 'Forever Stamps' that I could have bought for under $ 20.00, when the actual retail costs is closer to $ 75.00. I went to the post office instead. Anytime you see a deal like that - something's that just good to be real - rest assured. It ain't real...

...  

They're holding that price. Grab a couple. I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A scam I almost fell for - be careful with those stamps, Skippy...

USPS stamp customers have been targeted by a $1.7 million fraud scheme after millions of fake patriotic postage stamps flooded the country. ...