Tuesday, May 26, 2026

Foggy PED-Xing...

 
Fog is simply a cloud that touches the ground. It forms when air cools to its dew point - the temperature at which the air can no longer hold moisture as a gas. This causes invisible water vapor to condense into tiny, floating water droplets. Depending on the local weather and geography, fog is created in a few specific ways.
Radiation Fog: Forms on clear, calm nights when the ground radiates heat into the atmosphere. The cooling ground chills the air above it to the dew point.
Advection Fog: Created when warm, humid air moves over a colder surface (like cold ocean water or snow). This is very common along coastlines.
Evaporation (Steam) Fog: Happens when cold air passes over warmer water. The warmer water evaporates moisture into the cold air until it saturates and condenses.
Upslope Fog: Occurs when moist air is pushed up a hill or mountain by the wind. As it rises, the air expands and cools, forcing condensation.
Valley Fog: Cold, heavy air sinks into a valley, trapping moisture. It often forms during the winter and can last for days.





1 comment:

  1. Now do Brain fog..
    I never knew there was so.much to know about fog.
    I see fog..
    I point...
    Say Fog..
    I smart..
    Until today.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

If nothing else, it's gonna be loud...

The US military has developed strike plans that could include dropping the “mother of all bombs” on Iranian energy infrastructure and nuclea...