Wednesday, November 1, 2023

It's a pity how pithy the media is during election time...

Expert shoemakers say Ron DeSantis is 
probably wearing height boosters...
 
 
 Politico - In the last few weeks, posts mocking Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ 
strangely shaped cowboy boots have racked up millions of views on Twitter and TikTok, with online sleuths trying to determine whether he’s wearing height-boosting insoles to pump himself up to pump himself up against a 6’3” primary frontrunner with a penchant for nicknames who reportedly considered calling DeSantis “Tiny D.”
 ... 

 ... 

 ... 

 ... 

Do any of you guys live nearby The Villages? I know one reader - Navyvet - lives here. I'm curious if anybody else does. 
I think we should have a monthly bullshit and beer session somewhere nearby. What a great excuse to drink with like-minded people. Leave a comment if you do.
 ... 

 
This cartoon didn't have a punch-line comment but it 
did remind me of one Halloween about ten years ago back up in Jersey. We were having a few friends over for dinner Halloween night so I didn't wannna have to get up and down 200 times during dinner. I took the biggest aluminum mixing bowl we have - it's about 18" across (we used to own a restaurant - it's a souvenir) and filled it with candies and put it out on the stoop with a note that said something like 'Help yourself but be cool - leave some for the other kids'.
Any way, about 15 minutes later the first of the other couples showed up and I went to the front door to let them in. The fuckin' bowl was empty. Some little prick wiped me out. Those were the days before we had the doorbell camera thing.
... 

Yeah - they probably didn't read the memo...
... 

I gotta be honest here. A): How fuckin' lazy ya gotta be to order a Big Mac delivered?, and B): Of course these fuckin' drivers remember if you stiffed 'em on the last delivery. You have any doubt they ain't hockin' lugers into your food on the next trip? 
It amazes me how lazy (and maybe just a little friggin' dumb) some people are. And don't give me shit about shut-ins 'cause that's a different story.
... 

We still don't really know Jackshit about wo this guy is. I guess the media 
doesn't see him as viable a challenger as they do RFK Jr. Imagine that.
... 

I vaguely remember seeing these ads in Boy's Life or somesuch mag back in the 60's. I don't think this made as dramatic a hit as Columbia Record Club did. I musta scammed them for at least 150 albums and tapes back in the day.
... 

... 

... 

The thing is, without imagination you have nothing...
... 

... 

If you didn't know it, NYU is an ultra-lib college.
... 

... 

 ...  

Do you know what type of earrings
 your wife or girlfriend would like?
Maybe she'd like these... 

Click on the picture for more information on these earrings.
They're only $ 18.00 and that includes free shipping!
...  












3 comments:

  1. I looked at the declining baseball viewership and had to go look to when the World Series was canceled because of the strike.... The chart didn't go back to 1994.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYU bowed to wokeness when a couple of students whined that a seasoned professor (who had taught and graded the same way for 60 years) was too hard. Mark T*******n, the head of statistics, fired the professor. Given that Mark is Jewish, I wonder how he feels about wokeness now that he's a target.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'd drive from St. Augustine for good beer and the company.

    ReplyDelete

Calvin just won't give in...