Saturday, November 4, 2023

Following in Joe's footsteps...


I'm not sorry at all. That's fuckin' hilarious...
... 

... 

 
There’s got to be a great joke that illustrates the aphorism about insanity being the habit of doing stupid stuff over and over with the expectation that you’ll get different results. It’s clearer now that the joke may be California. The National Review (and not many other national media outlets) has reported on the insanity of this bill many times.
Following Governor Gavin Newsom’s decision - after some complicated political wrangling between Newsom and a furious fast-food lobby - to impose a $20 hourly minimum wage on the fast-food industry, Chipotle and McDonald’s announced on Q3 earnings calls yesterday that they’ll be raising menu prices in the state. How big a hit will customers take, if they’re willing to take it at all?
How about this - in certain parts of the state, a Big Mac meal (that's small fries, a medium coke and a Big Mac that looks nothing like the way it does on TV) is now $ 18.00. I shit you not. What cost you $ 4.50 not ten years ago is now 400% higher.
Just so ya know, it's not just California where the prices will be going through the roof. The post did an article on this on Halloween. Read that and weep: https://nypost.com/2023/10/31/opinion/mcdonalds-new-prices-chart-big-mac-size-toll-of-bidenomics/
 
 
And can someone please explain to me why a Big Mac in Pakistan only costs $ 1.91. There can not be a logical explanation for that. Juss' sayin'...
... 

... 

... 

... 

A farewell toast to Lt. Doug Roberts (Henry Fonda) from the movie Mister Roberts from 1955. (L-R) front: William Powell, Henry Fonda, Jack Lemmon, Ward Bond, Perry Lopez, Patrick Wayne, Tige Andrews, Ken Curtis and Nick Adams. Rear: Philip Carey, Harry Carey, Jr. and Robert Roark.
... 

... 


Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch was a likeable enough guy but a genuinely shitty mayor. he used to stand on street corners in the City and ask people 'Howmy doin'?. Biden wouldn't do dare ever ask that same question...
... 

... 

... 

Buying a simple gift for someone should
 never be difficult. Buying a piece of my
 wife's jewelry makes it easy.
 
Click on the picture for more information on this bracelet.
It's only $ 20.00 and that includes free shipping. 
There are a number of new items in her shop. Click here to see them all:
... 

 From the Denver Post - At the dusk of both of their political careers 
(or so they thought at the time), surrounded by teary friends and family, President Barack Obama bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom on Joe Biden, the man he called “the finest vice president we have ever seen.”
The vice president winced in shock as Obama announced he was conferring the nation’s highest civil honor on his right-hand-man for eight years. Biden turned away from the cameras, wiped away some tears, then stood stoically as Obama draped the blue-and-white ribbon around his neck.
“I just hope that the asterisk in history that is attached to my name when they talk about this presidency is that I can say I was part of the journey of a remarkable man who did remarkable things for this country,” Biden said.
If we only knew then what we do now...
... 

 I don't know how I feel about this. Is this legit or maybe just a 
money grab by the guys in the band who might have a hard time finding other gigs? I mean it's not like I'd ever go to any of theirs gigs anyway - unless it was a freebie in the parking lot of a local bar or some shit.
 Certainly wouldn't pay to see 'em, but that's just me...
... 

... 

... 









7 comments:

  1. Excellent, Gavin! Next time, it Needs to be head first, farther and Lots faster,okay? Work on it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...why a Big Mac in Pakistan only costs $ 1.91."

    What's the meat they use in Pakistan?
    Nah! I really don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly because the employees get paid the Pakistani equivalent of 49 cents an hour?

      Delete
  3. I remember seeing a band in Key West playing behind the bottles in the lounge of the Black Angus Steak House...I believe at the time they called themselves the Coral Reefers....didn't occur to me until much later when Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefer Band showed up....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We knew. Most of us, anywho. Neither Zippy nor Idiot was calling the shots. Then or now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad Newsom falling down the stairs didn't happen at 10000 feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had 5 Ford trucks go over 100k miles. Two of them are in the driveway now. The first was a 72 farm truck that spun the odometer twice before it stopped for 3 years before I got it in 1980 and replaced the odometer when I dropped in a new motor when it became my daily driver for 8 years where I put 118 miles on it. The second was a 10 year old 78 F-100 4x4 that I helped rebuild when it had 75k miles, I got it at 89K in a divorce sell off and put 120k miles on it before I traded it for a new 99 F-150 Lariat. I put 187k on the Lariat where it was wrecked twice and should have been totaled both times but insurance rebuilt it both times at a loss. I had to junk it. Everything was broke but the drivetrain. In the driveway I have a 04 Ranger with 147k miles on it and a 2016 F-350 that just rolled over 100k.

    ReplyDelete

What's the course you should take before you sign up for Economics 101?

 How about Common Sense 101? Didja ever take one second  to think like most other people do - or should?   Corporations have only one obliga...