Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Is The Booby Trap your kinda bar? I doubt it, homeboy...

 
MIAMI (WSVN) - A 42-year-old man was arrested after allegedly stealing a custom-made, $1 million Richard Mille watch from a patron at The Booby Trap on the River in Miami.
According to the arrest report filed on March 26, Diego Jair Sabogal, of Lake Worth, and accomplices are accused of executing a coordinated distraction-style robbery and theft.
Surveillance footage from both inside and outside the venue captured the group surrounding an unsuspecting victim, using bumping and pushing to distract him. Meanwhile, Sabogal reportedly removed the valuable watch from the victim’s wrist without his immediate knowledge.
 

The victim, who was unable to immediately realize the theft due to the commotion and distraction, realized his watch was missing shortly after. The stolen, custom-made Richard Mille watch is estimated to be worth approximately one million dollars.
Google the bar to see what I mean by that comment. The rest of the story is here:



5 comments:

  1. Back when I was in the military deploying to the middle east, Africa, and SWA my first supervisor suggested I buy a flashy $1000 gold watch. If things got sticky an expensive watch made a good bribe. I had an uncle that was a jeweler and he sold me a used Omega for $900 that was worth about $1500 on the open market. It got me out of a sticky spot in Qatar. The next watch was a stainless blue faced Rolex Submariner that I still have. The model I have is one of the cheapest Rolexes ever made. I paid $1400 for the 18 year old watch in the mid 90's as my uncle threw in the cleaning for free. He cleaned it for free every time it started loosing time. He has passed and now it needs a $900 cleaning to make it be worth about $6k today and $4k as is. It looses about 5 minutes a day but still somewhat works. It stays in the gun safe except for special occasions. It bugs the hell out of my well to do brother-in-law's wife that I have a Rolex and the BIL sports a $1500 Tag Heuer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would get more enjoyment from a $2 Chili cheese dog at Costco. What a waste of a million.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diego Jair Sabogal?
    Sounds like a local boy from a small town in the heartland of America !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine that the only reason to wear a watch like that is to get robbed. My $22 Casio works just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter how much you spend on your watch, you’re not guaranteed a better time, or more of it.

    ReplyDelete

Here's another really sexy HillBetty from our friends at Twisted Hillbilly.

... Here's a nice idea for a gift  that's  both attractive and very affordable...   Click on the picture for more information on thi...