Sunday, August 13, 2023

Sometimes. it's best to just accept the fact that you don't have a chance in hell. Whatever that could possibly mean...

 
...  

Ya know, when I posed the question the other morning about the blog's format and content, I got some very nice compliments. 
Thanks, guys - I appreciate that you appreciate what I appreciate. Juss' sayin'...
...  

...  

Watching the Apollo 8 Spacecraft launch, 1968
...  

Vivek Ramaswamy raps to Eminem’s 
‘Lose Yourself’ at Iowa State Fair
 I don't like rap - never have and most likely, especially after hearing this, 
probably never will - and I can't even try to pronounce this guy's name, 
but I may still have to vote for him just for having the balls to do 
something like this. Holy shit, Batman...
...  

...  

 Tonight is the peak of the annual Perseid meteor shower, the annual astronomical event that sends bright streaks of light streaming across the night sky.
This year's show should be a good one, "mainly because the moon isn't going to interfere," says Michelle Nichols, director of public observing with the Adler Planetarium in Chicago. "We can have different reasons why a meteor shower may be better one year versus the next, and a lot of times it's the phase of the moon."
Because the waning crescent moon will be just a little sliver that rises late, the sky will be dark, creating the ideal backdrop for the meteor shower's celestial fireworks.
...  

...  

...  

...  


I know for a fact that I will never completely 'retire' like so many of these fat old jerked-off guys I see around here in Heaven's waiting room who sit in their fuckin' BarcaLoungers inside in the A/C every day, drifting in and out of naps will they watch Let's make a deal or Fox News all fucking afternoon.
As long as I'm physically capable, I'm gonna always havta be doing something somewhere some how. Yesterday, I had an epiphany.
I realized that my ultimate 'retirement gig' is exactly this - the perfect job - a hot dog cart. Think of it this way. You load up and prep all your shit and go to a good corner with a little foot traffic. 
People will walk up to you and tell you exactly what they want. You give them their shit, they hand you cash money, and they walk the fuck away. Bing bang boom - cash money in yer pocket and get the fuck outta here. 
I gotta start scopin' corners...
...  

...  

May well be the greatest 40 seconds ever on film...
 ...  

Someone you know has a birthday coming up. 
You should get them a really nice gift.
 
Click on the picture for more information on this beautiful handmade bracelet.
  ...  

...  

I haven't checked my Powerball numbers from last night's drawing yet, so I delude myself into thinking I still have a shot...
...  

...  

It's frightenening just thinking about this. They say that the entire town was engulfed in flames within just 20 minutes, fueled by 90mph winds from a passing hurricane.
...  

I have to admit that, even though I am a die-hard Yankees 
fan and I don't pay much attention to second-tier teams like the Brewers, I feel like an idiot for only yesterday looking at this and realizing the mitt on their logo is made up of the letters 'M' and 'B'. Jeez...
...  






6 comments:

  1. "M" and "B"? You weren't the only clueless one, Waco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deadliest wildfire? Not even close. Look up the Peshtigo Fire of 1871.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hot dog cart…brilliant! Or in Philly, the pretzel cart (not now, but maybe 2 decades ago).

    As for the “no chance”, get your point…but maybe, maybe not. Often gals who look like that don’t get dates because Da Boys don’t step up and ask. Then again, I’ve known gals who got less attractive the more I spoke with them and “less than” gals who got more attractive…it’s a crap shoot, hence why “ya gotta give it a go.” Me, got the best of both worlds…grateful to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hot dog cart?!?! Oh yeah, I wanna be there when the first snowflake walks up and and says-
    " I wanna meat-free hot dog (cuz I'm vegan) with avacado chips on the side, and the bun needs to be gluten-free, the onions need to be free-range grown, and the mustard-vinegrette soy sauce must be "fair-trade made", and a dash of pink himalayan salt, PLEEZE! OH! and a Gobi Desert Spring Water chilled but not cold, also!
    Yeah! I'd pay good money to see that...
    irontomflint

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Maui fire is terrible but not the worst ever.
    Wisconsin had a really bad wild fire in 1871, over 1200 killed, the same night as the great Chicago fire (300 deaths)
    https://www.weather.gov/grb/peshtigofire

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trouble with a hot dog cart is that you'll be buried in regulations, inspections, and paperwork before you can legally sell the first wiener.

    ReplyDelete