Sunday, July 16, 2023

They've gone on strike to prove how meaningless their jobs are...

The first full day of a strike by Sag-Aftra had an immediate effect on Hollywood, although outside the industry no one else seems to give a fuck, and for good reason. The television and movies industries ground to a halt over a contract with producers that would cover such wide-ranging issues as compensation and the future of AI in film and television.
Whereas the writers’ strike, which has seen the guild’s nearly 20,000 members out of work since early May, promptly shuttered late-night variety programs and writers’ rooms and delayed release dates for many film and TV shows, a simultaneous strike by Sag-Aftra’s 160,000 members has the potential to bring Hollywood to a full standstill.
 

Actors and writers began picketing outside various studio and streaming service headquarters on Friday – four locations in New York and eight more in Los Angeles, with such incredibly witty slogans on signs like “Logan Roy would pay us more”; “Your poor Montana ranch!”; “I’m trying to pay my rent, not my third and fourth mortgage and fuel my private jet!”; and “ChatGPT can suck my Dick.”
 




3 comments:

  1. Poor actors, getting $20 million per movie and then complaining that the janitor only makes minimum wage. That janitor is now unemployed and the actor is spending the summer on some Caribbean island, with janitors making far less than minimum wage there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could care less. Most of Hollywood is Woke and should be broke as it is not being watched. Only a few shows and movies that are not woke still are worthwhile, but it is not enough to keep the industry solvent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last movie I spent money on was when I took my wife to see "TITANIC". You cannot get me to give my hard-earned money to those fantasy fuck-ups! It's a shame too, because they have destroyed what little was good in that industry.
    Oh well, there is a lifetime of good, decent movies that we can watch for free that have already been made, rather than those re-makes that pale in comparison. They can't even come up with any original ideas-what losers.
    irontomflint

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here, but Calvin is...