Friday, July 7, 2023

It's a good thing he wasn't naked. There's bare and then there's THE bear...

 
July 6 (UPI) - A New Jersey guy's security camera captured footage of the tense moment his dogs narrowly escaped a black bear by darting through the door.
Joseph Damiani of Annandale said he heard his dogs barking outside so he went to the back porch in his underwear to check it out. "I hear a bunch of 'woof, woof, woof,'" he told WCBS-TV. "The dogs shoot right past me and then I see the bear." Damiani said the dogs made it inside, leaving him to watch from outside as the bear "tried to charge into the house."
Shirley Perlinsky, Damiani's girlfriend, tried to lock the door, but the bear's shoving left her struggling to hold the door closed. "I just tried to lock the door, but I couldn't because the door got caught in the leash. So I was fighting, I was fighting the bear. The bear was pushing the door this way, I was pushing the door that way," Perlinsky said.
Perlinsky, who posted the security camera footage of the incident to Facebook, said she knew Damiani was still outside with the bear. "That's my boyfriend, and I love him very much, but I couldn't let the bear inside my house," she said. The CBS News TV report is here:
 



3 comments:

  1. She didn't love him enough to let him in. I hope that guy is reconsidering his life choices. If the situation had been reversed she would never have forgiven him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened just a couple miles from me. Bird feeder my butt; the bear was chasing the dogs. Maybe for play, maybe to fight, who knows? The guy's fairly isolated house is in the middle of a forest, next to a wooded state park and a wildlife preserve. It's about as deep in the forest as it gets around here, and this whole area is on the edge of rural. So yeah, bears. We see them all the time, even downtown. 40.68125678635012, -74.87755726368957

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this happened May 15. Guess they ran out of news the other night.

    ReplyDelete

My new hangout...