Wednesday, May 3, 2023

This sure as fuck ain't my father's navy. God help us...

 
The US Navy invited an active-duty drag queen to be a “Digital Ambassador” – as part of a recent drive “to attract the most talented and diverse workforce” and combat plunging recruitment.
Yeoman 2nd Class Joshua Kelley, who identifies as non-binary, was appointed as the first of five Navy Digital Ambassadors in a pilot program that ran from October to March.
Kelley, whose stage name is Harpy Daniels, has shared their journey on TikTok and Instagram, where they described how they began performing onboard and became an “advocate” for people who “were oppressed for years in the service.”
“From joining to 2016 and being able to share my drag experience on my off time with my fellow sailors has been a blessing,” Kelley wrote on Instagram in November when announcing their appointment as a digital ambassador to their more than 8,000 followers.
 

The “Digital Ambassador” program that Kelley took part in ran from October to March and was “designed to explore the digital environment to reach a wide range of potential candidates” as the Navy battles “the most challenging recruiting environment it has faced since the start of the all-volunteer force,” a Navy spokesperson told Fox News.
The service branch is evaluating what form the program, which included five active-duty personnel, will take in the future, the rep added. “The Navy did not compensate YN2 Kelley or any others for being Navy Digital Ambassadors,” the spokesperson also noted.




9 comments:

  1. Joined the Air Force in 73. If you were seen in a gay bar or if you were seen Doing Things that would be considered queer you just might discover what a dishonorable discharge looked like. Now it's used to recruit? I'm sure our enemies are terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...an active-duty drag queen..." was all I needed to read.
    Dear Navy: If you hadn't booted every body out that refused to take the jab, then you wouldn't have a manning/retention/recruiting/readiness problem today. (And I will entertain no shit about the "manning".)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are considering joining the military....... DON'T! If you are currently a military member.... Process out or retire at your earliest convenience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I've been taught, the Indians ('xcuse me: Native Americans) used to run the buffalo ('xcuse me: bison) over a cliff; maybe we should take a lesson and run some of these stupid, furry, horny bastards over a high escarpment.
    couldn't help but improve things; should at least improve the recruitment and retention rates

    ReplyDelete
  5. My niece's first husband joined the Navy so they could get married on his first leave. He had a 4 year enlistment and had made it to E-5 where he decided to get out and move back to where they had grown up. I could not understand why he threw away a very promising military carrier. His response was the gay's and sexual deviants were taking over the Navy. A year latter they were divorced. That was 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to be a laugh riot when we really have to battle any enemy that actually invades out country.
    Opps, that is already going on.
    Maybe a bigger country than mexico invading the U.S.
    Heltau

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the Navy hired the horse faced marketing whore from A-Busch. I’d rather have a sister working in a whore house than a brother in the Navy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the Navy from '65 to '69. While stationed at NAS Key West, I bought a motorcycle. The owner of the store was a retired Navy chief. One of his favorite quotes was, "If I had a son in the Navy and a daughter in a whorehouse, I'd do everything I could to get my son out of the Navy".

      Delete
  8. What would the late Richard Marcinko have had to say? I imagine it would have started with 'Dick-breath, pus-nutted, cock-sucking...' and progressed to be REALLY obscene. God bless his memory and example, a real representitive of the Navy.

    ReplyDelete

Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me Galileo, Galileo, Galileo Figaro, magnifico...

I live in a town called Lady Lake, about 85 miles northeast (slightly) from Tampa. The Tampa Bay area is sometimes referred to as the “Light...