Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Waking up to better news

 Bad news is, Ian is gonna beat the shit out of 
most of the entire State of Florida... 

And this bad boy is one huge motherfucker - nearly 500 miles across.
 The good news is (at least for us here) is that it's now tracking well south of us headed towards the east coast, south of Orlando, which puts the eye somewhere around 50 or so miles south of The Villages. 
 

We'll still get Tropical Storm force winds and an absolute shitload of rain, but that's almost acceptable compared to what might have happened. The power will most probably go out at some point, so posts here may be sketchy at best, but I'll try to post updates as I can using my phone or tablet if cell service stays active. Good luck everyone, if you need me, I'll probably be doing this...
 
... 

... 

... 

... 

Proof - almost as if we need it - that all decisions have consequences...
 
I have to throw in at least one topical/non-tropical item here. Two undersea leaks that began in the Russian-owned Nord Stream gas pipelines on Monday were likely caused by powerful underwater explosions, according to Swedish and Danish seismographic data.It is "very clear from the seismic record that these are blasts," Björn Lund‬, director of the Swedish National Seismic Network at Uppsala University told NPR in a phone interview. "These are not earthquakes; they are not landslides underwater."
... 

... 


... 

... 

... 

... 

... 

... 

Has anyone done a study yet on how well the electric cars 
that everybody thinks we need (and can afford) perform driving through flooded streets? maybe now's a good time to do it here in the 'Sunshine State'. Juss sayin'...
... 

... 

John usta say shit like this to Yoko all the time. It was a good thing, too, because she was probably the only other person on Earth who understood what the fuck he was talking about most of the time.
... 

... 

... 

... 

... 

... 









2 comments:

  1. I am in Oviedo and the eye is now supposed to come over our area. I enjoy your posts and viewpoints so keep them coming. On the electric cars - I have a KIA EV6 and the brakes are huge - low center of gravity so I would not think there would be any driving issue in fresh water unless you were going to be immersing it. Salt water is bad for any battery in any car. Try and keep safe. Looks like the roads are clear here so we will venture out.

    ReplyDelete

It was the summer of 1973, and I had just gotten out of the Army...

 In '71, after I graduated high school, I was young  and stupid and thought I wanted an adventure...         The draft was still in forc...