Saturday, December 4, 2021

Trying to understand the popularity of hip-hop...

 Is like trying to translate Sanskrit so your grandchildren will understand how old we are...  

I listen, and I just don't get the attraction.
... 

... 

... 

... 
What are they gonna do for love songs in the future? 

These are the top ten hip hop love songs on Spotify. 
Ever heard any of them? I broke my ear trying to listen. 
I guess 30 or so years from now some dude'll be sitting in his 
BarkaLounger in Oakland or the Bronx and thinkin' to himself 
'Damn, that Shaniqua done broke my heart with them 21 Questions...'
... 

... 

Here's a website that tries to explain why you 
don't like or understand the genre:
Didn't help me, but hey - you may get it...
... 

I wonder what her Wedding song will be...
... 

I gotta believe that's attractive to somebody...
... 

Anyway, back to me. Here's the reason I got on this jag. 
I heard this today and it reminded me of 5 old girlfriends... 
a nugget from '71 that always shakes me to my core.
And yes, I know it's schmaltzy so shut up...
They got anything like that? I doubt it.
... 

 Christmas isn't too far off guys.
Women especially love gifts of jewelry like this... 
 
Click on the picture for information on this item. 
... 

Certainly Vito wouldn'ta got it...
... 

She doesn't get it and she doesn't care...
... 

... 

Click on this banner to see all she has online today.
... 





3 comments:

  1. Joe. I love that Nilsson song.
    PS I figure I'm almost a year older than you but we think quite a bit alike. Scary, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Songs and music of that era will always sound good to me. This rap crap is definitely not music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ironic. Back then I thought "This music is okay, but it's nothing special". The 'classic' songs had yet to emerge from the buublegum pablum. Then time marched on and musical styles changed, and changed and changed again. From rock n' roll to soul music to Motown, pop-rock, disco and funk, new wave, 2nd British invasion, to heavy metal and hair band music to grunge(where it lost me completely); then came the mainstream emergence of rap, then hip-hop to now whatever the felch this crap they call music is. Looking back, I can't believe how good we of my generation ('64 model) had it. Where are the Bostons, the Kansas', the Beatles, Grand Funk, Chicago, Allman Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, even the Eagles of today? Don't tell me it's gonna be "W.A.P." from here on...

    ReplyDelete

Those guys over at Twisted Hillbilly won't stop sending these young lovelies our way...

  Click on her shorts for the Hillbilly's Facebook page... ...    Is your wife or daughter  a wannabe  (or Ustabe) hippie chick?  Buy he...