Friday, February 14, 2020

Just one more then I gotta go

Every bartender, in every bar, in every city in the world has heard that line a million times. Make that a million and one... 


My brother TJ and me pickin' horses and losing at a bar in Glenties, County Donegal, Ireland.
... 

... 


Goddamn - that looks good - but the truth is I actually prefer Heineken in a bottle.
What's your beer of choice?
... 

... 

... 


Teach 'em young and they'll know how to do it forever.
... 

I featured this a few weeks ago and got some good response and quite a few questions. This price is almost $ 100 bucks UNDER Home Depot's price. 

Take a look:


... 


I don't care where that party is, I wanna go. You in?
... 

... 


Is it the smile I like so much here?
... 

... 

... 


That's nothing more than a good start to a long night...
... 


And that's the beginning of the end of a VERY good night...
... 

I'm gonna go on a bit about this again because there was a terrific response to it and as I said -  it's not very often that you actually find something that works as well as this thing does. 

I first found it at a place in NJ - Jaeger Lumber Yard in Belmar.  They had one on a chain at the counter and I tried it on my pocket knife while I was waiting for them to print out my order. I couldn't fuckin' believe how easy it is to use and what an incredible fuckin' job it did!  

Ya gotta get yourself one or two - see for yourself here:


... 

... 


That's my kinda 'Good Night Nellie'.
... 


That certainly ain't the Corona Virus they keep yappin' about on TV
... 


and there's the girls...
... 



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY VINNIE...

4 comments:

  1. Ah....The girls. I hope they had a happy Valentine's Dah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little qwikie blade sharpeners are pretty handy. I picked up one or two working at this lil' ol' airplane maker we have up here in the PNW. They are really good for putting an edge back on a knife or other cutting tool. You might be surprised at how often they use a knife while building these aircraft, or how much is put together by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those knife sharpeners are the fastest way to ruin a good knife. The only good way to do it correctly, is on a stone. Diamond stones are, in my opinion, the best way to go.
    But if you have cheap knife, Go For It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is too short to die with 'good knives'. I have Wusthof's mostly in my kitchen. II appreciate a good knife, but I've never been able to master that whole hone and stone thing...

    ReplyDelete

Getting the band back together...