Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Does New Jersey Have The Meanest Drivers In America?

I know it appears that I rag on my home state often, but there's a good reason. 
A: There's a lot to bitch about - especially since I'm looking in my rear view mirror, and 
B: Between taxes, congestion and, oh, I don't know - maybe three or four hundred other reasons, yeah - I got the fuck out of there as soon as I could.
If you thought New Jersey drivers were among the meanest drivers in America, a recent study might be proving me right. If you've ever driven in the Garden State, you may not think you need a study to answer that question. New Jersey has some pretty mean drivers.
There are angry, aggressive drivers every where you go.  The question is, are they meaner drivers than anyone else in the country? According to Maison Law, which questioned about 2000 drivers on that topic, the answer is no. Thank goodness for a place called New York - who really, really suck at the most basic of driving skills...
 For example, New Jersey drivers are more likely to beep than any other drivers in the country. I know how shocking that must be for you, but the truth is, we (I'm speaking as a native) use the horn a lot. More than just about anybody else. Still standing still when the light turns green? Horn. No turn signal? Horn. Too slow in the left lane? Horn and finger. Stopped in te middle of the street bullshitting with someone? A lot of horn - and then the finger as I go past. Tailgating me? Slow down to a crawl, and when you pass on my right horn and finger. You get the idea. There's a reason that horn is there. Use it. 
Drive safely my friends, that guy behind you might be from Bayonne - and that guy passing you on your right? Absolutetly from Hackensack. Juss' sayin'...
 
Thanks to NJ101.5 for the inspiration.


...  

...  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Does New Jersey Have The Meanest Drivers In America?

I know it appears that I rag on my home state often, but there's a good reason.  A: There's a lot to bitch about - especially since ...