Wednesday, August 5, 2026

They put TVs in the cars. Of course it was gonna happen...

BMW owners are tearing into the luxury automaker after it pushed an ad for the new “Spider-Man” movie onto dashboard screens in cars they had already paid tens of thousands of dollars to own.
The full-screen animation - delivered through BMW’s main Control Display - triggered an immediate backlash from drivers who accused the German automaker of treating privately owned vehicles like rented advertising space. “Paying 50-100k for a car, yet still getting ADs,” one furious Reddit user wrote. “Next we need adblocker for cars.”
 

Two things. I will never buy a car - like one of these, or worse, a TESLA that has a flat screen TV and no dials or switches. AND, I'm sorry if this may offend a couple of you guys that own a Beemer, but I have never met anyone - anywere - that owned a Beemer who wasn't a complete, textbook jerkoff. Juss' sayin - some of you may also agree with that sentiment...

...  

 Birthday or Anniversary coming up?
Here's some great ideas for a gift for her
Click on the picture for more information on this unique pairing.
It's simple yet elegant - and comes to you with free shipping!
...  
 
... 



7 comments:

  1. My 35 year old Nissan looks better everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? With a porcupine the pricks are on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The difference between a porcupine and a bmw?

    In a bmw the pricks are on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most useless job in the world is the turn signal installers at BMW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once talked to a tow truck driver who told me the cars he towed the most were BMWs and Mercedes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a smoking deal on a mid 80's 318 that was built to American spec sans catalectic converter in Germany from a Warrant Officer that got a controlled tour where he could not take his car. Counting the shipping to the US and a catalectic converter I paid just over half of what it was worth in the states. The wife drove it 95% of the time. I sold it when it was showing 165k miles. The older man that bought it drove it for about 12 years.

    I bought a new BMW for the wife when she retired from teaching. No issues during warranty. Starting 2 weeks after end of warranty and for the next 9 months $6,800 in repairs where it spent more time in the shop than on the road. Once I had it rolling and everything working I traded it on a POS Ford that I traded while it was still in warranty.

    ReplyDelete

My favorite HillBetty of them all? Maybe...

There's just something about this shot -  and this girl...