Okay, so maybe the band last night didn't play this old nugget, but I wanna make a point. I moved to The Villages eleven years ago. As I've mentioned, one of the benefits of being here is that there's free, live music every night of the year in our town squares. It's a great way for people to get out, meet others, dance as if they actually knew how, and maybe have a couple of 2for1 cocktails at Happy Hour.
Anyway, when we first got here, we'd go to the square and the band'd be playing shit like Pat Boone, Neil Diamond (Sweet fuckin' Caroline every half hour), and country stuff that everyone could 'line dance' to. Not my cuppa tea, if ya get my drift.
Fast forwward to last night, me and the Babs meeting some friends at an outside bar facing the square. People were out dancing like they knew how, but the music was Journey, Kansas, Zeplin, The Babies, even Cat Scratch Fever ferfucksakes. I think the demographic scale has shifted just a bit. A welcome change, and the bands are a lot more polished - more practiced. Juss' sayin'...
...
...
Democrat Senate candidate James Talarico said Scripture requires the government to guarantee health coverage, telling a Texas church crowd that the New Testament makes a public health insurance option a Christian obligation.
Talarico made the argument at a town hall he held at a DeSoto church on July 20, footage of which his campaign posted Saturday under the title “James Talarico Unveils Plan For Black Voters.” The Austin Democrat argued the country should “finish the work of President Obama” and pass a public option, then grounded the pitch in the Gospels.
...
...
Hey - this ain't no DIY Psycho-therapy, but it's easy as fuck to figure out what's wrong with them. First and foremost, 'social' media has made them less social, focusing their attention to tiny screens instead of the babe with the nice rack and cute smile at the end of the bar. Covid nonsense got them used to isolation. More-masculine-then-them women demasculate them, and the girls are either fat-shamed or so covered with idiot tats that they become unapproachable and uninteresting. Fuck, they can't even tell if that cute girl at the end of bar usta be one of the guys in his gym class.
I could go on, but why bother. Who actually gives a fuck how disjointed GenX,YorZ'ers are, as long as they don't have access to automatic weapons...
...
I gotta believe there's one or two of you out there who might not agree with the entire premise of that chart - I get it. The only problem I have with the whole equation is a simple one, and it's not based on religious beliefs or anything even close - it's just, what I think, is a legit question. If we evolved from monkees and apes, how come there's still monkees and apes out there? Ever think of that?
...
...
...
That's kinda where they were going with that whole 'home in their pajamas' thing, right? The amazing thing is that nearly 30,000 people who follow this gay guy liked it enough to 'like' it, although that's some kinda automatic reflex for these nimrods for when they kinda agree with something someone posts, which, again, points to their social disfunction. Juss' sayin'...
...
...
...
...
Handmade gifts are extra special when
they're for someone extra special.
Click on the picture for more information on this bracelet
It's one-of-a-kind and comes with free shipping.
...
Friend of mine in Upstate New Yorl sends me this picture saying he took up a carpet in his newly-bought-but 100 year old farmhouse and found this under the rug. ]
I love him and all that, but I'm always somewhat skeptical of most of the shit he says, so I google-search the picture, because I thhink I saw it somewhere else once. Turns out it was in a house out in Fresno, California. THAT is exactly why I remain skeptical with whatever Stevie says...
...
...
...
...















No comments:
Post a Comment