Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Joey Tomato's can't cut the cake...

 
A New Jersey pizzeria is at the center of a local firestorm after a video of a staff member appearing to berate customers celebrating a child's birthday party went viral. Tom Jurkowski, founder of Vintage New Jersey, a social media page that highlights nostalgic New Jersey memories, said the incident happened on the boardwalk at Point Pleasant Beach on Saturday, August 1.
The video, uploaded the next day, showed the fat chick - an employee at Joey Tomato's - refusing to let customers use one of the restaurant's knives to cut the birthday cake of his five-year-old nephew.
After eating, we asked for a knife to cut the cake (we offered to pay any additional fees) and this was the owners reaction. This was the craziest thing I've ever experienced,' Jurkowski said in the video.
In the video, the jerkoff fat broad can be heard responding that it was an 'inappropriate' request. The interaction leading up to the confrontation was not included in the video.
'Okay so when I come to your house with my candles and my cake, am I going to be able to do whatever I want there now?,' she yelled.  'You didn’t call, you didn’t make an arrangement or anything. You just don’t walk into a restaurant and do whatever you want. 'It's inappropriate. And you owe us an apology. I don't owe you anything. Have a good day.'
I wonder if that was her last day on the job. It should have been. Wudda jagoff. Evidently, service with a smile and 'the customer is always right don't fit in to her lexicon...

...  

This is a great bag at a great price. Click on the picture or the description here:
Great overnight bag too!
...  



8 comments:

  1. Brain damage is directly proportional to number of childhood vaccines...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So....

    Can we see the video?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost all restaurants have a "no outside food" policy. Cake especially can be incredibly messy with a five year old. Spring this on the restaurant at the last second and then publicly shaming them for it just makes the parents entitled jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing devil's advocate here but with today's lawyers a restaurant handing a knife to a customer is just asking for trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I have read, the fat 'Karen' is the owner not an employee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She might as well close the restaurant. That attitude on a child's birthday is wrong. I would go out of my way to not do any business there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on, this is Jersey. You wanna know, you go to 101.5.

    https://nj1015.com/joey-tomatos-birthday-cake-confrontation/

    It was a big gathering, a 10 pie event. It’s not a huge place so they were at least half the customers. Yeah, they shoulda brought their own knife.

    The video is at the link along with a statement from the owners.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wrong. A $250 order there is not a big party. A regular plain cheese pizza is $42, each topping adds $4.
    So for double a standard NJ price you also get a free dose of belligerent attitude. I bet they automatically add a 25% tip to your bill too.

    ReplyDelete

It's a jungle out there. Well, it usta be...

 Between 10,000 and 5,000 years ago, the Sahara was a lush green savanna filled with lakes, rivers, and forests. Known as the African Humid ...