A federal appeals court says Florida can enforce its 2023 law restricting children from attending certain adult live performances, including some drag shows. "Preventing children from attending adult live performances obscene for them is rationally related to Florida's interest in safeguarding the well-being of minors," wrote the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in an 8-5 ruling.
A federal judge in Orlando had initially issued a preliminary injunction temporarily blocking enforcement of the law, saying it was too vague, too broad and likely unconstitutional. A three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld that injunction. But the state asked for a rehearing before the full 11th Circuit, leading to Tuesday's decision overturning the enforcement ban.
The 2023 bill never actually mentions drag shows. But the target of the bill hasn't been hidden by the GOP leaders supporting the measure.
Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier said in a social media post: "After 3 years of litigation, the full court affirmed the constitutionality of Florida’s ban on children attending sexualized drag shows."
Seriously though, what sane adult would bring a kid to a drag show? Answer is simple - none. So anyone who would shouldn't even have access to kids. Juss' sayin'...
...
...
...
...
...
...
I know - another New Jersey story, right? It's no surprise to see Jersey at the absolute bottom of that list. When I moved back to Jersey from the Virgin Islands - where I had a concealed carry license - I brought my PPK back up with me.
I went to our local cop shop to register the piece. That process alone took over six months and three seperate, ridiculous interviews with the PD's 'weapons officer'. Anyway, in spite of the fact that I had been a Newark cop in the past, I was told I could not have a carry license and that my VI license was not recognized.
I was never given a reason for why my carry license request was denied, in spite of asking 29,473 times. I was told that if I ever wanted to transport my eventually registered piece, the gun and the ammo could not travel together. One in the trunk, one in the car. I shit you not. Look up the word draconian. It's ridiculous up there. Only the bad guys have guns...
...
...
...
Hollywood icon Sylvester Stallone says the ten minutes he spent speaking with Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez were "like listening to a high school girl."
"This woman has no clue," said Stallone, "Her talking points are childish, her worldview is jaded, and somebody taught her a long time ago to hate her country. I don't think she even knows what her job description is."
...
...
...
Poland passed a law in 2024 that decriminalizes the use of firearms by border guards and military forces under specific self-defense conditions. It modifies the Polish penal code to grant criminal immunity to personnel deploying live ammunition at the border, but only under certain criteria. Security forces can use firearms without facing criminal liability if they are repelling a direct, unlawful attack threatening their life, health, or freedom.
...
Someone must have a birthday
or anniversary coming up.
Here's a great new gift idea...
Click on the picture for more information on this cute bracelet
It's only $ 25.00 - and comes to you with free shipping!
...
...
...
I've just started paying attention again to the Babylon Bee. For a while there it was just kinda sophmoric. They must have had a change of editors or something, because it's still sophmoric, but it's a little edgier than it usta be.
Know what I mean?
...
This image shows a historical street scene in Paris, France, captured in July 1939 by Life magazine photographer William Vandivert. The photograph depicts colorful advertising billboards and French National Lottery posters pasted across the classic Haussmann-style building facades along the Rue de Courcelles in Paris.
Taken just weeks before the outbreak of World War II in Europe, the series documented everyday Parisian life during the calm before the storm.
...
...




















I can't believe the percentage of guns owned in Nebraska is that low. It not only doesn't count those inherited, it doesn't count those unreported due to suspicion of government tracking. As to Chuck Grassley, I'd rather be reading his obituary since he's way past his sell by date and a RINO to boot.
ReplyDeleteSo low in most of the original 13 colonies. That's depressing.
DeleteI can't believe every state isn't 80%. People have been so brainwashed that guns are bad and not the people misusing them.
DeleteThe NJ gun % is way off because the numbers are only based on the people who follow the rules. Yes that means that only the “bad guys “ have guns. In truth most people don’t follow the process, which is historically slow and uneven. I guarantee you that 90% of all black people in the state have guns, and in rougher areas probably almost 100%. Many carry all the time. People who move here often don’t register their guns either. The real numbers are probably at least 45%; the real numbers for the other states are probably considerably higher too.
ReplyDeleteI moved from Georgia to NJ in '68, following the job. In Georgia at the time, there was no provision for concealed carry, though you could have a gun in the car. So I just moved to Jersey not thinking about it. For six years I drove around with that gun in my glove compartment not knowing what trouble I could be in if caught.
ReplyDeleteAs an aside, I enjoyed my years in New Jersey very much. Mostly, I lived in central Jersey around Morristown and I miss it every day. I went to Newark a couple of times, once to see Beverly Sills in "Norma" and another time a friend and I went in to see "Deep Throat". One night I got off Route 22 in the wrong place and it took me several tense minutes to find my way back on. Those were the days - single, making good money and driving ALFA's. These days,. being married and more political than I was, I suspect I wouldn't like it much.
Florida % - those are rookie numbers. You have to bump those numbers up.
ReplyDeleteAs a NJ Transplant myself, until recent SCOTUS rulings changed the law, a NJ Superior Court Judge had to approve a carry permit.
Obtaining a NJ carry permit is still an onerous process - but theoretically it is more possible today than a few years ago. Practically - not so sure - likely depends on the local bureaucrats involved if they are in a good mood or not when they receive your application.
Sylvester Stallone has not talked to Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC). Viral social media posts, fake transcripts, and clickbait videos claiming they had a heated televised debate or discussion are entirely fabricated internet hoaxes.
ReplyDeleteAnd remember kids, Google is free and if a story perfectly matches your preconceived notions it is most likely fake and created to make you feel reassured in your ideas and not to make you think deeper
I think what you are saying Drew is that 13 percent of the population has more than 50 percent of the unregistered guns in New Jersey. As for unregistered guns, while I have none myself, I always remember what my father said in the 1970's: "I have no objections to gun registration; I'll register one or two."
ReplyDeleteBring back the days when we had gun racks in our pick ups. Damn pussies in charge of everything.
ReplyDeleteWho are these fucking judges who think they have the right to expose kids to perverted sex?
ReplyDeleteLet's not forget the reason we have no gun freedom is because politicians are afraid we will use them to enforce our GOD given rights.
ReplyDeleteEvery muslim in this country must be deported or there will be no country period.
ReplyDeleteI hope Grassly was making the point that appliances used to last 30 years or more and today you're lucky to get ten. Watch some appliance repairmen on YouTube expose how it's mostly all junk now.
ReplyDeleteMCKINNEY TEXAS CITY BOARD UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED a massive new muslim islamic center despite massive opposition. Think politicians give a shit what the people want?
ReplyDeletehell, I carried for years without a CCW permit. but that was in Philly. at that time, the only way you got one was if you "knew" someone in office. as for registering you guns? well, there are thousands of them still around from back when you didn't have too. I have 2 old 22 rifles that don't even have a serial number on them. had a neighbor who when he passed away , left something like 20 some handguns and close to 30 rifles in his house. none of them had "paperwork " on them as the old guy bought them after WW2. I handled a few of the rifles that still had price tags on them. image getting a Mauser rifle today for 9.95 ? just wished he told me about them BEFORE letting the cops know about all of them.
ReplyDeleteand I think Poland has the right idea on how to handle the illegal problem. treat them like what it really is , a damn invasion
it is way past time to start machine gunning the damn rubber boats when they even come near your coastline.
there is no reason why we have to support 3rd world illegals who do nothing for us and in most cases do more harm than anything good.
In todays world, why would anybody admit to having one or more guns, money or anything else to anyone?
ReplyDeletePercentages of ownership don't tell the whole story, absolute numbers do. My wife works with many people that carry at least one if not three in their cars when traveling for work.
ReplyDelete