Tuesday, September 24, 2024

I had a marvelous eleven days, and then I can home...

In all the time I was in Ireland, I saw, read or heard absolutely no news at all. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. It was blissfull...  
 I did have one truly brilliant adventure that shines brightest amongst all the silliness we created or joined in on while we were there. So me and an older local Irish guy (probably 80 maybe) both walked out of a bar in Glenties (that's in Donegal County)  at the same time and we're talking about how beautiful the weather had been that week as we're walking out the door. 
A car pulls up to the curb and the guy says to me: "This is my wife picking me up. Make like you weren't talking to me when she stops - just wave goodbye or something. I've had her convinced that I'm deaf for the last three years."
I have a new idol. The man is a genius.
...  

...  

You have an employee that a 'majority' of people chose to do a job. The job itself was incredibly meaningless, and yet that employee failed to do anything significant in it for nearly four years, but for one thing. That employee was pivotal in passing legislation that wasted trillions of your dollars and actually has had the opposite effect than it's name implied.
Now, people you do not know have chosen that employee to represent a group of people they purport to represent, but rarely do, to the most important job in the world.
And in less than seven weeks, more than half the people of voting age in this country will support that person for that job. Doesn't that just scare the living fuck outta ya? Does me. Juss' sayin'...
...  

And don't even think of moving here to Florida. We're full...
...  

...  

Yeah - gee, but it's great to be back home. Sorta. Weather-wise, it looks 
like this week's gonna be interesting around here...
Meanwhile over in the 'old country' (not mine - I'm Italian-American) Northern Ireland's weather is usually described with three words: Cold, wet and grey. I was told before we got there that it had rained every single days since May 1st. We got there and the sun was shining in a beautiful blue sky. Every day for eleven straight days (with one tiny exception) the weather was sunny and bright and around 23c (that's around 72 degrees to us).
I may start a GoFundMe in Belfast to get them to pay for us to go back.
...  

Here's a nice idea for a simple gift...
    
Click on the picture for more information on these beautiful earrings.
They're only $ 20.00 for the pair and that price includes free shipping!
...  

...  

Imagine what the world's impression of us will be if Kamala does 
get elected - and that after four years of Uncle Joe...
We have to do a better job of picking our candidates.
...  

...  

If there's one thing she did learn from Joe, it might be how to campaign for the job. The people behind the scenes with her are scared as fuck to have her be in any kinda unscripted interview environment - with anyone.
...  

Why not - WTF else ya gotta do, right?
...  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I had a marvelous eleven days, and then I can home...

In all the time I was in Ireland, I saw, read or heard absolutely no news at all. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. It was blissfull...      I did ha...