Tuesday, July 2, 2024

How the hell can it be the most popular drink when I never heard of it. I'm a goddamn trained professional FFS...


WTF is an 'aperol spritz' and what  Gen-Z goofballs are drinking it when I've never even heard of it, let alone seen one on any drink mneu (although granted the gin mills I frequent don't have 'drink menus').
Anyway, Aperol is a botanical liqueur that's been made in Italy for over a hundred years. The bright orange beverage was invented by brothers Luigi and Silvio Barbieri in 1919 in Padua, Italy. It's technically considered a type of amaro, which is categorized by its bitterness (the word amaro itself translates to bitter).
 

Sounds friggin' yummy. Where can I get one?
Even better, can we do Redbull Aperol shots? Jeez...
 





6 comments:

  1. Hah! first thing I thought too, "WTF is an asperol spritz?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rickvid in the Yakima ValleyJuly 2, 2024 at 7:56 PM

    We drink aperol spritz in the dry heat here in the desert of the Lower Yakima Valley. We often use a great gin distilled here locally in place of prosecco, though. Give it a try sitting on your lanai at sunset. Very pretty, I'll bet!

    We head south over the Columbia to buy all our hooch as Olympia adds massive taxes on booze. We actually go for the pizza at a local restaurant, of course...that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellini cocktail? Never heard of that either, I've just asked 20 people & none have heard of it either. Must be an upstate thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. last time I was in a bar was at least 30 years ago now. found it was just better to sit on my back porch and have a cold beer. in winter, maybe a shot or two in my coffee while watching the wood stove. never was one for mixed drinks
    anyway. guess I missed out on a lot of things over the years now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a load of crap that coctail chart is. I travel, a lot, and that is not what I see served.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing that "aperal spritz" is just a wine cooler. This must be from the 80's because that shit was popular and then suddenly went away.

    ReplyDelete

The Night Bird at Woodstock...

If ya know, ya know. Juss' sayin'...