Tuesday, June 18, 2024

'Hooked on weed'? Shit - we were rollin' dubes before these 'experts' were even born...

 
According to a new report (a 'study'. Fuck I gotta get in to that business...) from the FDA and reported here, the number of seniors being treated for cannabis-related health issues has surged in the US since 2017, with rates twice as high in areas where the drug is legal. Researchers from the FDA and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services analyzed insurance claims of 56million Americans 65 and older in about two dozen states. They found medical visits for any kind of weed-related problems, including cannabis addiction or poisoning, increased between 2017 and 2022 regardless of the drug's legal status, across the United States.
There's a simple reason for this, I think. When we were rollin' blunts back in the sixties, it was $ 10.00 for a half-ounce, and it was full of sticks and seeds and other unidentifiable shit, and if ya got high, ya laughed a lot at nothing, and thought tuna fish and sardine sandwiches were a good idea. 
Nowadays, the wealest weed you can buy puts you somewhere on the third moon f Pluto after just two hits, and it goes for something in the area between $ 200 and $ 500 a half ounce. No wonder they're freakin' the fuck out. I bought my first nickel bag of weed in 1966 when I was 13. 'Nuff said...
 

This was 55 fuckin' years ago. Jeez...
...

Here's a nice idea for a simple gift
that's both elegant and affordable...
 
Click on the picture for more information on these earrings
They're inexpensive and they come to you with free shipping!
...  


2 comments:

  1. It was $30 for a one ounce lid of Columbian Gold and $25 for an ounce of Okefenokee Green Since back in 79. Both gave a 3 toke high out of a pipe but the Columbian tasted better. Party stoners smoked joints. The heads smoked bongs or pipes. I lived on a hay and cattle farm. I would trade a bag of shrooms for a bag of weed. I was in California q14 years ago, my cousin had a medical MJ card. He bought 2 grams of top end B shelf pot. When I hit it in a bong I passed out. That shit was so strong I was high for over 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Granddad and Grandma are tokin' up?
    I don't see the problem there, except some busybodies are in a crisis mode.

    ReplyDelete