Sunday, February 11, 2024

This one's for Nonncom and everyone else who appreciates Lou Reed at his best...

 
Rock 'n' Roll Animal - Lou's shining moment - is a live album that was released in February 1974 by RCA Records. 
In its original form, it features five songs, four of which were initially recorded by The Velvet Underground. Reed's band included Pentti Glan, Prakash John, Ray Colcord, and Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter - two of the best lead guitar players of that era, both of whom are and were severely under-rated.
I hate to rub it in, but I was there at the Academy Music with my then-girlfriend Nancy Martinez that night, and sad to say, I was so fucked up I barely remember it as being anything but unfuckin'believable. I do remember it was cold as fuck that night...
Here's a cool overview of the set:

There's a longer, also live, version that I've never heard before here. It's pretty fuckin' spectacular:
 





2 comments:

  1. That album is great also Transformer, but Lou Reed was very strange.
    And the colored girls go "Doo do doo do doo do do doo..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks....he was a very strange dude in his time....like Morrison, a poet first....

    ReplyDelete