Wednesday, November 29, 2023

The originator of 'Florida Man' has passed away. One of my favorite authors...

 
(AP) - Tim Dorsey, a former police and courts newspaper reporter who found lasting fame as the creator of the crime-comedy novel series starring Serge A. Storms, an energetic fan of Florida history and an ingenious serial killer, has died. He was only 62.
Dorsey, who published 26 novels, died Sunday, according to Danielle Bartlett, a publicity director at William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins. No details were revealed.
 

Fans of Dorsey appreciated his clever observations and satirical pokes at the weirdness of Florida. He was part of a trio of former newspapermen from Florida — including Dave Barry and Carl Hiaasen — who found a rich vein of absurdist humor in the state.
If you enjoy Elmore Leonard, Carl Hiaasen or even John D, MacDonald, and have never read anything by Dorsey, you owe it to yourself to give his books a try. I believe I've read every one.
 ... 

Christmas is less than three weeks from
 now, and if you want to get something
 truly special, you have to act fast...
 

Click on the picture for more information on this bracelet. 
It's only $ 40.00 and that includes free shipping.
Order by December 14th to ensure delivery.
There are a number of new items in her shop. Click here to see them all:
... 



4 comments:

  1. Local Library has a ton of his books. I've never read any that I can remember. I ordered 2 from the earliest they have. I'll give him a try. Then go from there. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Tim Dorsey is funny. I've enjoyed his books and meeting him on his book tours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We read them all. Met him at the "Jug" in Jacksonville (Skynyrd reference) about 15 years back. I was traveling by train in Cornwall, England, when I found "Florida Roadkill" paperback at ferry station. Nice fella and we have all the Serge books published. I am hoping Coleman is ok... Barco Sin Vela Actual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to read those! I've been reading Dave Barry for 40 years, and I'm pretty sure I've read every one of Carl Hiaasen's novels.

    ReplyDelete

There's usually an easy explanation for everything - even RFK jr...

  Go ahead and google the subject if you want to. I got such a friggin' kick out of the headline - on it's own - that I don't wa...