Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Do you still donate as much as you used to? I don't...

 

Back in the day when I was making little to no money, I still always found a few scheckles to kick in to donate to NPR. That was long before they made that decided uber-left turn during the Obama Administration and have since veered so much farther left that I now cannot even listen to anything they have to say. 
I'm fairly certain I'm not alone in feeling this way, and I hope for their sake the libs they're trying so hard to appeal to can dig deep to make up the slack. Donations to NPR are down 25% year over year.
 

As for myself, I donate to one NPR station - WBGO - out of my home town, Newark, NJ. I'm not being a homer here. BGO is by far the best jazz station in the country, and there ain't a talking head anywhere to be found. Just great music 24/7. Check it out for yourself here - click on the banner to go to where the live stream is:
 
...  

I'm gonna be out of town for a while starting tonight, 
so I'll post what I can when I can from wherever I end up. 
First stop tonight? Dublin...
...  

Here's a thought. How many of us guys have NOT had a Jenny in our lives? You know, that woman who comes and goes in our lives and always seems to be coming back? I know I did.
...  

This is the one organization that I make a concerted effort to support and promote. These guys do a great job for disable vets and their families. Maybe you could consider kicking in also. Their website is here: https://t2t.org/
...  

...  

When pleasing the eye is as important as function, 
we can create some very special  things.
...  

So when the Dems are screaming 'Don't run Joe!' they're talking 
about him and not Biden?
According to Politico, Manchin’s refusal to silence talk of a White House bid, potentially funded by centrist group No Labels, gives him leverage over party leaders: The more they need him to seek Senate reelection, the more attention he can get for his priorities.
That’s because Manchin is the only candidate with a prayer of keeping his Senate seat blue. And if Republicans win the presidency in 2024, they’d only need one Senate pick-up to take control.
So some fellow Democrats are letting Manchin know he’d be making a mistake. “I have advised him against it. I think it would be a terrible idea,” said Sen. John Hickenlooper (D-Colo.) recalling a conversation with Manchin this spring. “It would help Donald Trump.” Manchin’s private reaction, as recalled by Hickenlooper, reflects his public indecision: “He looked at me and he nodded.”
So we don't know - at least for the time being - whether he's got the ego to go for it. Could be interesting.
...  

...  

If I was making a list of the last places on Earth I would ever be, this would certainly be on it. The road to Fuckthatistan...

This is the 'Oresund Bridge' that starts out as a bridge in Sweden, turns into a tunnel under the sea & reappears in Denmark. That ain't never, ever gonna happen. I get squirrely just thinking about shit like that.
...  


It was 43 years ago this week in June, 1980 that a really cute 
California girl first showed up on TV. Damn if she still ain't there so many years later, and she sure as fuck looks good for her age. 
Well played, Ms. White...
...  

...  

Okay, so maybe Diplomacy isn't Joe's strong suit. Has anyone figured out yet what he might be good at - besides bullshit? Anyway, China’s foreign ministry has accused the US president of “political provocation” after Joe Biden called Xi Jinping a “dictator”. The comments “seriously violated China’s political dignity”, foreign ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said on Wednesday.
Biden made the remarks a day after he sent his secretary of state, Antony Blinken, to meet with Xi on a trip to China that was aimed at easing tensions between the two countries. He also said Xi was embarrassed when a Chinese balloon was blown off course over the US earlier this year.
...  

Palisades Amusement Park was a 38-acre amusement park located in Bergen County, New Jersey, across the Hudson River from New York City. It was located atop the New Jersey Palisades lying partly in Cliffside Park and partly in Fort Lee. The park operated from 1898 until 1971, remaining one of the most visited amusement parks in the country until its closure, after which a high-rise luxury apartment complex was built on its site.
In the summer when I was a kid, when we didn't go 'down the shore' 
we headed in the other direction - to Palisades Park.

...  

If Biden was in the mob...
...  

...  

...  




5 comments:

  1. I stopped donating to Nebraska Public Television in the 70's when I noticed their leftward tilt. Their decline started long before Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biden caling Xi a dictator is nothing more than jealousy on joe's part.

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rumored that Chuck Barris wrote Palisades Park in between hit jobs for the CIA.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I get tempted to donate to NPR, I listen to their news features. THe disgust that generates is enough to change my mind. I was fortunate enough to get a local classical FM station that was NOT NPR back in the 1970's, which continues to this day to play wonderful music and skips the "news" and other propaganda features. And I can stream it on the internet, even though I live far away now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vanna White came from Myrtle Beach South Carolina not California.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here, but...