Wednesday, March 8, 2023

I'm not a 'gear head', but these are really cool.

 'Gear Head' is the name we gave guys back 
in the day who were into hot cars...  

Of course the guys I'm talking about back in Jersey in the '60's would never even imagine owning a Lamborgini or Ferrari. I myself drive a beat up '05 F-150 so what do I know from cars, right? 
 

The guys I grew up with were different - they had GTO's and hopped up Chevy's and Olds' - cars that only had about 40 parts and they did all that shit in the street in front of their houses.
 Car and driver magazine put out an article last year called 'The 10 Most Beautiful Cars According to Leading Automotive Designers'. 
It's a good article and well worth the read. Find it here:

Ya know, it's funny. When we were growing up, my old man always gave every car we ever had a name, and it was always a girl's name like 'Nellie' or 'Bertha'. I never did that until I got this truck. It has 190,000+ miles on it and it runs like a beatup old prize fighter. I call it Timex. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. And whistling. And coughing. And farting and burping. 
But the old bitch still runs. I'll drive that fucker 'till one of us croaks. Juss' sayin'...
...  

St. Patrick's Day is next week - you still have time.
Need to find a nice little gift for 
that special Irish gal in your life?

Click on the picture above for information on this bracelet
It's only $18.00 with free shipping.  You can find something nice for 
your Mom, your wife, your daughter or your girlfriend right here: 
...   






2 comments:

  1. I have had better luck with Ford trucks than GM, Dodge, or Toyota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first car was a '53 Mercury that I nicknamed Mergatroid....great first car....239 flathead, with a knocking main, that was indestructible....perfect for a 16 year old kid...not to mention a back seat that functioned as my living room/bedroom....

    ReplyDelete

That's me in the middle...