Wednesday, December 21, 2022

RIP Franco - you gave us a helluva lot to be happy about back in the day.

 If you guys know me, you know I couldn't give a shit about football (as it's played today) if I tried, but back in the70's? 
I was all about the Steelers...

Franco Harris died yesterday two days short of the 50th anniversary of the 'Immaculate Reception'. This is a link to the best video I could find of the actual broadcast - just click on this picture and it'll take you to YouTube:
 
 ... 

You still have time to find something
 nice as a gift. Barb is still shipping.
Click on the picture for information on these beautiful handmade earrings. 
The pair is only $18.00 and that price includes free shipping. 
(Shown larger that actual size)
 
You can order any of Barbara's jewelry comfortably before December 22nd
 and have a reasonable expectation that it'll arrive before Christmas. 
She has the option on the page when ordering to upgrade to Priority Mail,
 pretty much  guaranteeing you'll get it on time.
 Juss' so ya know...
... 




5 comments:

  1. I remember that catch that beat my Raiders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually watching that game as it happened. I was 9 years old and loved the NFL back then -- living in S. Florida, a big Dolphins fan. Unfortunately the NFL has fallen to wokeness . . . I would hav enever believed that one day the NFL would active support homosexuality; now if call if the National Faggot Lovers League

    ReplyDelete
  3. Franco Harris was a good football player. Sad to here he passed. But I am sure I will here that more as time moves on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a lot of controversy whether this bounced off the receiver in black and yellow and so was an incomplete reception, or bounced off the defender in white, and so was legitimate for Harris to catch if he could grab it before it hit the ground. Looking at that tape, it bounced back really, really fast at 180 degrees, and I think that settles it as a live ball. I don't think it could have bounced so hard or in that exact direction if it had bounced off the receiver, who was running cross-field. Only a head-on bounce off the defender who was running up-field could have sent it to Harris, 8 yards behind the action. (According to Wikipedia, experiments run many years later confirmed this; if it had been the receiver, the ball could have bounced back only 10 to 15 feet before hitting the ground, and a ground bounce so far from Harris would have shown clearly on the tape.)

    The one other question is whether it hit the ground just before Harris caught it. None of the angles I've seen taped can completely rule that out, but none of them show a bounce, Harris reaching all the way to the dirt, or Harris reacting like he knew it was a dead ball but decided to fake it like it was live.

    ReplyDelete

Who is this Dame?