Sunday, October 30, 2022

This is absolutely not the way I wanted to start my day...

 
I hope I've explained my plan to you before, 
but I'll recap. I hit the lottery. First thing I do 
(after I've filed my claim of course) is hire 
a lawyer to change my name legally. 
You figure it out...
...  


The Air Force and Navy's phased retirement of F-15 fighter jets has new, high-tech aircraft temporarily heading to the Kadena Air Base in Japan to backfill the withdrawn F-15s there. A plan to modernize air defenses in the region includes the U.S. Air Force retiring the F-15 C/D Eagle fleet, which has been used for more than 30 years. The Defense Department is starting a phased withdrawal of the F-15s in November, including those positioned at Kadena Air Base. The full modernization plan is expected to take two years, according to the report. The new high-tech fighter fleet (Has not yet received it's designation) will be deployed to Japan to help keep the forces there up to date and secure in the region. Plans of what jets will be stationed there have not been finalized or publicly released.
My wife and I were down in Islamorada last week and about twice a day a couple of flights of 15's out of Homestead AFB would do fly-overs on training and drug-interdiction flights. I still get a half a huskie when I hear them approaching. 
...  

...  

...  

...  

Have you been 'Rick-rolled'?

Open this link in another tab and save it 'till you're finished blog-surfing. It's interesting as fuck and well worth the 20 minutes to watch. I had no idea this thing had become such a world-wide phenomenon...
...  

...  

There was no such thing as 'Helicoptor Parenting' 
when we were growing up...

That's me (standing) with my Brother TJ sometime probably in the summer of '55 in our backyard. I know - the lawn is from hunger, but my old man didn't do 'lawn shit', that was my Uncle Joe's gig, and he was out of town that summer or something. 
Anyway, me and T could hang out in that yard all day, just the two of us and fuck around and have fun - unattended - all day with no hassle whatsoever. No burning the house down, no killing each other, no need for expensive electronic toy distractions, just the pool and the sunshine.
We most certainly were a different breed of kid back in them 'good ole' days'... 
... 

Of course it mighta been a little different if'en we'da had us one of these bad boys.
... 

I always thought this guy was full of shit to start with, but even I was surprised when he switched over to CNN. I'm glad he's doing a quick crash-and-burn there. Fuck anybody like him who flips and flops whichever way is most popular today. 
 
I don't know where the original article is from but here's the article I saw about this:
... 

I had a girlfriend that stupid once...
...  

Does someone you know deserve
something a little 'special'?
This may be just the thing for her...



Click on the picture above for information on this specific item.

You can find something nice for your Mom, your wife, 
your daughter or 
your girlfriend right here: 

... 

... 

People flock around the ice cream man on a summer afternoon 
in Washington Square Park - one of my most favorite places 
in the whole wide world. August 2, 1964
... 

When I first saw this I thought it was some kinda goof ad from somebody like Chris Shapan. I had no idea this was an actual play that played on Broadway and all over the world. 
As Wikipedia described it: “Urinetown: The Musical is a satirical comedy musical that premiered in 2001, with music by Mark Hollmann, lyrics by Hollmann and Greg Kotis, and book by Kotis.  It satirizes the legal system, capitalism, social irresponsibility, populism, bureaucracy, corporate mismanagement, and municipal politics. The show also parodies musicals such as The Threepenny Opera, The Cradle Will Rock and Les Misérables, and the Broadway musical itself as a form.”
I gotta ask - why would anyone go to see something like this? People are so fucked up nowadays. Juss' sayin'...
...  

...  

This is happening all over the country, 
all over the FM dial...

This is the fift or sixth format change this station has made over the past ten years or so. Once they gave up on the 'classic rock' format (which sucked anyway because it only had about a 150- or so song rotation) they struggled to find themselves as so many other legacy stations are these days. The reality is, there's too much media to stream/download/whatever these days. And AM radio almost is non-existant, but that's a story for another day, isn't it?
...  

...  

... 

... 

... 






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Rick Ashtley video. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! but when y' hit d' lottery, y' gotta promise yull keep doin' the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #12...I'm not sure who I'd root for in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the old aluminum screw top film canisters or the steel containers that bulk Kodak film came in.

    ReplyDelete

Bending to the will of the people or just good old politics?

  'Let's just hope they don't die from lung cancer before election day...'  The Biden administration is again delaying a dec...