Friday, September 23, 2022

I've always said - If everything went to shit we could eat spaghetti every night...

 Now even the simplest of things are getting out of hand with this inflation and Ukraine bullshit... 
 

These were $ .89 each (sometimes 2 for $ 1.50 at Winn Dixie) less than a year ago.
... 


... 

... 

I found this is one of my forgotten files from about a year and change ago. It reminded me how vicious - and malicious - these pro-lockdown/pro-vax jerkoffs really were.  I come out of all of that Covid bullshit vowing to myself that I will never, ever allow that kinda shit to be perpetrated on me again. Guns will be drawn before I let them try that shit again. Trust me.
...

The strange history of one of northeast Oklahoma's oddest landmarks has gotten a little weirder. Someone has updated the famous lost cement mixer of Winganon. Using paint and some props, the artists turned it into a faux space capsule complete with NASA logo, American flag and fake rocket motors. Located on Winganon Road between Highway 169 and Oologah Lake in Rogers County, the landmark came into being, literally by accident.
A cement truck rolled over on the side of the road. The company that owned it came and got the truck, but left the mixer behind because it held tons of concrete. No one is sure exactly when the wreck happened. Some accounts put it as far back as 1959. Since the wreck, graffiti artists have splashed untold gallons of paint on it, sending messages to their friends, just showing off and even making it a memorial to 9/11.
... 

... 

... 

 Trump blasted President Biden's handling of the Afghanistan withdrawal in a sit-down interview with Fox News as he told told Sean Hannity a story of why the Taliban feared him too much to take over the nation. 'Under my conversations with Abdul, who's the leader of the Taliban, for 18 months, we didn't lose one soldier,' Trump said, referring to Abdul Ghani Baradar, co-founder and senior member of the Taliban. Trump then told Hannity he threatened to 'obliterate' Abdul if he did not follow his orders. 'Didn't you at one point tell him, "I know exactly where you are," and give him the exact coordinates where he was?" Hannity asked. 'No,' Trump replied. 'I sent him a picture of his house.'
The full story  and interview can be seen here:

Head shops and record stores had a unique 'flavor' all their own. There was something totally different - totally unique and special going on in these places back in the day. If I close my eyes, even to this day, I can still smell it - can you?
... 

I'm so old I can remember when New Yorker magazine cartoons were funny.
... 

Yesterday morning, Steve Doocy appeared LIVE on Fox & Friends at one of my favorite bars here in The Villages. 
Why these people were up and about at 5:30 in the morning is beyond me. Check out the large guy in the picture just behind Doocy at the first table. What would it take to get him excited? Jeez...
Anyway, you can see the short video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVfNHJqfwI
... 

I had a girlfriend that coordinated once...
... 

... 

During an interview with ABC News on Thursday, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky repeatedly refused to say whether she agrees with President Joe Biden’s assessment that the coronavirus pandemic is over. Host Terry Moran asked, “Dr. Walensky, what was your reaction when you heard President Biden say the pandemic is over, and what do you think of that?” Walensky responded, “You know, here’s what I can tell you, we’re in a different place.
Read the full article on Breitbart:
... 

Ya know, when I first saw this old print ad, I thought to myself 'There's no way that kinda shit could fly today'. 
Now, on having reconsidered and 'upon further review', this may well be not only possible, it's most likely probable with how the advertisers are trying to be everything to everybody and all inclusive and shit and bi-racial and bi-sexual and demasculating and all the other kinds of virtue-signalling bullshit and miscellaneous nonsensical bullshit that's going on that they're calling marketing these days. 
Whew - that's a long sentence...
... 

... 

The closest Trader Joe's to me is about an hour and a half away in Orlando. I don't know if it's worth it as a one-off trip, but if I find myself out that way or up in Gainesville maybe, I'll check it out. Trader Joe's is owned by one of the brothers who own Aldi stores - did you know that?
... 

... 

... 











11 comments:

  1. I use these three to obtain reasonably accurate hurricane info:
    https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/atlantic/
    * for further info, click on the orange-brown bar at the top
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/View/index.html?webmap=b9bc5aead70f43ae85cd0250c4840bb1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live on a sandbar off the western side of FL.
    BION: with all this Global Warming/Climate Change/the seas are rising/the sky is falling, the shoreline is still as I remember it since the early/mid '40s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad: I should have said "off the western side of the peninsula." I keep forgetting Florida has a "western side" bordering on 'Bama.

      Delete
    2. gotcha. sorta. suffice to say you're here.

      Delete
  3. Where did you find the Tropical depression 9 graphic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recall hearing that the factory that made Prince pasta (maybe you recall the old tv ad with "Anthony" running through the streets of Boston to get home to his mom's spaghetti) that they actually made about 13 different name-brands of pasta, and the only thing that changed was the packaging.

    Walmart store brand pasta is still pretty cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Ronzoni guy from way back but I remember the Prince spaghetti night commercials

      Delete
    2. What was their slogan _ " Ronzoni , sono buoni " ?

      Delete
  5. Re: bananas. Still 49 cents a lb. here, same as it was 4 or 5 years ago. Seems to be the only thing inflation hasn't touched. No idea why.

    ReplyDelete

Friday night insignifica...

Not that I have any personal knowledge of this, but... ...    Make her happy for Mother's Day. Buy her this bracelet. You still have tim...