Monday, August 15, 2022

Well that certainly explains a lot about why men are so alone and lonely...

Men are lonelier than ever as they struggle to meet the higher dating standards of modern women, according to American psychologist Greg Matos who wrote in a recent Psychology Today article that the current state of young and middle-aged men's love lives shows they need to 'address a skills deficit'.
He said: 'I hear recurring dating themes from women between the ages of 25 and 45: They prefer men who are emotionally available, good communicators, and share similar values'.
Yet, he claimed he's found that modern men's biggest problem is communication, which is 'the lifeblood of healthy, long-term love'.
It comes as data shows dating apps are overrun with men - who represent 62 per cent of users - and figures collected in the US in 2019 showed more men than women were single.
 

'Over the last 30 years, men have become a larger portion of that growing group of long-term single people,' explained the psychologist. 'And while you don’t actually need to be in a relationship to be happy, men typically are happier and healthier when partnered.'
 

He also said the overwhelming number of online dating options has led to both men and women becoming 'increasingly selective', and competition is fierce.
Single men are statistically less happy, more likely to be unemployed and financially unstable. Data points to societal changes that have taken place even in just the past few decades which allows lots more women to make informed choices about their relationships.
 
... 

Need to find a nice gift for a special someone?

Click on the picture above for information on this item.

You can find something nice for your Mom, your wife, 
your daughter or 
your girlfriend right here: 
... 

... 






2 comments:

  1. More men than women were single? Because more males are born than females? Polyamory is a way bigger thing than I thought? Lots of married lesbians? Lots of married men on dating apps claiming to be single?

    Not my problem, I'm married to my first and last wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy of mine and I were talking about how women have changed, and that influencing his decision to never remarry. He finished raising his four kids after she left, and has not dated since. He said "I researched why women did this, and its because they are different. They are "Monkey Branchers" (monkeys never let go of the branch they have until they have grabbed the next one they want) and they will dump a man if he fails to continue to meet her expectations, or if that branch over there has a man with better prospects. Makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint, but sure doesn't take emotions into account, nor morality. From my experience, women today aren't happy with a guy unless he has it all, and she doesn't have to contribute anything to the relationship. I was dating a divorced women, living in an apartment with a severely disabled daughter. Mom was in her late fifties,and living on public assistance. When she found out I have a bit of PTSD, she told me she couldn't take care of me too, and that was that. Now I can get a job whenever I want to, I have my military retirement, and took my SSI early, and my own home, so money isn't a real issue. The issue was she really didn't want to invest in a relationship where she had to put something into it. Still hurts, but I'm over. I think this is a pretty common experience for men today, women not having realistic expectations
    of what life is.

    ReplyDelete

Another treat from the Playboy archives...

...    Someone you know has a birthday or anniversary coming up. She'd probably love to have this...   Click on the picture for more inf...