Friday, June 10, 2022

There are still a few heroes left in Chicago...

 Chicago commuter, 20, leaps onto subway tracks to rescue man who had fallen onto electrified third rail after a brawl and pulled him to safety: 'I could feel the shocks through my body but it didn't stop me'... 

A 20-year-old Chicago man is being celebrated as a hero after he leaped into action to save the life of a man who fell on the subway's potentially deadly third electrified rail. Anthony Perry, 20, was honored in a ceremony on Thursday by a local community leader who awarded him a new car for his heroism. Perry told WGN TV about the moment he saved the man's life: 'I don't think I was thinking about what could happen to me at the moment.
 It was more of what do I have to do to make the situation peaceful. I felt a little shock. I felt it all over my body actually, and then I just didn't let that stop me.' The incident occurred on at 3:30 p.m. Monday at the 69th Street Red Line CTA station in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood in Chicago.
You can read the whole Sun-Times article here:








3 comments:

  1. "a local community leader who awarded him a new car"
    gas or electric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't say in the article, but either way that's pretty cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A.O.C. - Another Obnoxious Cun..... Commenter

    ReplyDelete